The Senate impeachment trial of President Trump is set to start Tuesday. Although the articles did not garner full Democrat support and got zero Republican votes, the left has decided to ride out the ill-conceived storm they stirred up.
Fortunately, the president will have a top-tier legal counsel presenting the lack of facts in the case. Here’s who will be defending Trump beginning this week:
- Pat A. Cipollone – Counsel to the President (co-lead)
- Jay Alan Sekulow – Counsel to the President (co-lead)
- Kenneth Starr, former Solicitor General of the United States, Former Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, and Former Independent Counsel
- Alan Dershowitz, Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law, Emeritus, Harvard Law School
- Pam Bondi, Special Advisor to the President and Former Attorney General of Florida
- Jane Serene Raskin, Private Counsel to President Donald J. Trump
- Eric D. Herschmann, Kasowitz, Benson, Torres LLP
- Robert Ray, Partner, Thompson and Knight, LLP, and Former Independent Counsel.
This high-octane, highly-qualified team will turn this into a trial on the House’s attempt to destroy the country.
“President Trump has done nothing wrong and is confident that this team will defend him, the voters, and our democracy from this baseless, illegitimate impeachment,” White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement.
“The Articles of Impeachment House Democrats have adopted threaten grave and lasting damage to our institutions and to our Nation,” she added.
Just remember, this is how the Democrats marched the articles of impeachment over to the Senate:
Content created by Conservative Daily News and some content syndicated through CDN is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements.