Our culture is changing at a dizzying pace. Ideas we once thought were self-evident have been turned on their heads, while their opposites have been installed as the new, socially acceptable “truth.”
These upside-down replacements have been introduced as sacrosanct. You can easily identify them because they’re always accompanied by vicious intolerance for any questions or opposition.
Mere questions will have you labeled, shunned, marginalized, censored and drummed out of “civil society” by the very people who lectured us against every one of those things. That’s by design.
In fact, bigotry and persecution is the new socially acceptable excuse to perpetuate bigotry and persecution.
With irrationally broad definitions of “racism” and “bigotry,” anyone at any time is labeled and targeted for destruction. What an ingenious way to bypass due process and the rule of law.
The following is but a small sample of cultural ideas that have been foisted upon us without our consent. Was anyone ever offered a choice to accept them? Have you noticed the number of people who have already been punished simply for refusing to agree?
This list is hardly complete, but every point has been contributing mightily to cultural suicide.
Is that what the “whomevers” who introduced them have in mind?
As always, you be the judge:
- Children should be treated like adults and adults should be treated like children.
- Tent cities and defecating on city streets is now okay, but you’d better be an environmentalist and go along with the “climate agenda.”
- Licensed medical doctors should be persecuted and even stripped of their license if they don’t obey politicians and bureaucrats who are not doctors and who have no medical license.
- Law-abiding citizens are criminals. Those formerly called criminals are now the victims.
- You can sue gun manufacturers for a customer’s malfeasance in the use of their product but you can’t sue big pharma for their own, admitted malfeasance in producing and releasing their product that is suspected of killing people.
- Deadly and ineffective drugs are good, cheap effective drugs are bad.
- Racism and injustice are good if directed at white people or others who share a characteristic of a group we hate.
- You can still be a feminist even though you can no longer identify what a female is.
- You can now destroy Title 9 and women’s sports because you are an “intersectional feminist.”
- Social support, free expression, fresh air, the right to peacefully protest your government, and Liberty are dangerous to your health and our “democracy.”
- Homosexuality is fixed. You’re born that way. Heterosexuality is fluid. You can decide what gender you are at anytime, particularly if you are in grade school.
- The age of consent and things like movie ratings that were universally used to protect kids from sexually suggestive material are now obsolete. Pornography must be made available in public elementary school libraries. If you want to draw the line on pornography for children, you’re a book burner.
- Speech is “violence” if it’s against the government, violence is free speech when it supports the government.
- Those who conscientiously object to forced medical treatments upon their own bodies are dangerous to others but emptying our prisons, opening our borders and de-funding the police is perfectly safe and for our own good.
- Requiring voter ID is racist, but vaccine passports or being required to show your ID to receive medical treatment or get on a plane is not.
- Those who believe that human life is a drain on the planet are demanding obedience from everyone else. We should always assume that they care about our health and survival.
- Intolerance for dissent is good. Certain thoughts and ideas can be dangerous whether you act upon them or not. If you have unacceptable questions or ideas, you should be punished.
- Blaming others for your own actions is also fine now–so long as you blame the right people.
- It is no longer a problem to rush to judgement in a criminal case, even immediately after it happens. We no longer need to investigate the facts each case. We already know who’s to blame because the media told us almost as soon as it happened.
- Intellectual consistency and honesty will no longer be valued. If you believe you are a victim, you must blame an entire group of people. Others must agree with your self-perceived “micro-aggressions” and change their behavior.
- Everything is racist if you say it is.
- You have the freedom to die but not the freedom to live.
Agree/Disagree with the author(s)? Let them know in the comments below and be heard by 10’s of thousands of CDN readers each day!