President Donald Trump announced Wednesday night that the finalists in the 2017 Fake News Award competition had been selected.
And the FAKE NEWS winners are…https://t.co/59G6x2f7fD
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 18, 2018
Unfortunately, the site containing the results crashed under the weight of the interested public. The outage lasted just over an hour, but finally, the results were released.
Here are the winners of the 2017 Fake News Awards:
1. The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.
(via Fox News)
.@DaveWeigel @WashingtonPost put out a phony photo of an empty arena hours before I arrived @ the venue, w/ thousands of people outside, on their way in. Real photos now shown as I spoke. Packed house, many people unable to get in. Demand apology & retraction from FAKE NEWS WaPo! pic.twitter.com/XAblFGh1ob
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 9, 2017
6. CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.
10. The New York Times FALSELY claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.
Well, now that collusion with Russia is proving to be a total hoax and the only collusion is with Hillary Clinton and the FBI/Russia, the Fake News Media (Mainstream) and this phony new book are hitting out at every new front imaginable. They should try winning an election. Sad!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 5, 2018
But the White House wasn’t done letting the media have it with eleven well-deserved awards. Trump then went on to highlight the stories they chose to ignore:
- The economy has created nearly 2 million jobs and gained over $8 trillion in wealth since the President’s inauguration.
- African Americans and Hispanics are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in recorded history.
- The President signed historic tax cuts and relief for hardworking Americans not seen since President Reagan.
- President Trump’s plan to cut regulations has exceeded “2 out for every 1 in” mandate, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every one new regulatory action.
- The President has unleashed an American energy boom by ending Obama-era regulations, approving the Keystone pipeline, auctioning off millions of new acres for energy exploration, and opening up ANWR.
- ISIS is in retreat, having been crushed in Iraq and Syria.
- President Trump followed through on his promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and instructed the State Department to begin to relocate the Embassy.
- With President Trump’s encouragement, more member nations are paying their fair share for the common defense in the NATO alliance.
- Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the VA to fire failing employees and establishes safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
- President Trump kept his promise and appointed Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.