OpinionTrending Commentary

Data Reveals Young Americans Identifying as LGBT Hits Record Levels—How Do We Treat This Advancing National Cancer?

Dear Rest of America

It’s rare for me to write about a matter of concern in a series of articles but I am compelled to do so.

Especially when it revolves around our children—the next generation of young adults who will be responsible for driving the economy, education, policy, and culture.

In a previous article entitled, Kansas Attorney General Asserts Sex Cannot Change Under New Law While More Americans Identify as “Transgender, I emphasize my belief that politics is downstream from culture, and that culture is downstream from religion or spirituality.

For as long as our society’s moral code, as interwoven within normative culture, is accepting, indifferent or apathetic to certain degenerate lifestyles or behaviors, We, the People, are going to have a constant battle of trying to protect our children’s moral development from corruption.

Before pivoting this article to a recent rise in mainstreaming “transgenderism,” where young children identifying as the opposite sex are given hormone therapy and embark on a transition of bodily destruction, let us examine a topic that has riled up the media and many sectors of American society: support for the killing of unborn human life.

Despite the U.S. Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade in the summer of 2022, in the following months, Florida, Illinois, North Carolina, Colorado and California saw an increase in the act of killing preborn human lives. However, it is unclear how much of the upsurge was due to patients who travelled from states with stricter measures protecting the unborn.

According to a Pew Research report published in January, the rate of abortions among women ages 15 to 44 has generally declined in the U.S. since the early 1980s. It was reported that there were 29.3 abortions per 1,000 women in that age range in 1981. By 2020, that rate had dropped to 11.2 to 14.4 abortions in the U.S. per 1,000 women.

Numerous factors may have contributed towards the decline in the rate of women or couples choosing to end the life of their preborn children, including:

Scientific advances have provided a fantastic window into the womb, and the usage of new technologies can show the development of unborn babies, including their reaction to music and other types of sound. Life does begin at conception, and young lives embark upon a 9-month journey before exiting the womb and starting a new chapter in their parents’ arms.

With the above said, a YouGov survey conducted in May asked Americans how they feel about the overturning of Roe v. Wade, abortion access in their state, and the circumstances they think a person should be allowed to take the life of the unborn. According to the survey, 44 percent of U.S. adults are more likely to disapprove of the Supreme Court’s decision than the 35 percent who approve.

Furthermore, access to abortion ultimately proved to be a powerful driving force in the 2022 midterm elections, particularly among first-time 18-year-old Gen Z voters, lifting Democrats in swing states and helping to weaken a supposedly anticipated Republican “red wave.”

Politics remains downstream from culture, including our attitudes, core priorities and outlook on life.

According to a long-running survey by Gallup, 21 percent of Americans in 1975 said abortion should be legal under any circumstance compared to 54 percent under “certain” circumstances. Fast forward to 2023 and the former share has risen by 13 percentage points and the latter dropped by 3 percentage points.

In the ensuing half-century, the share of U.S. adults who say that abortion should be illegal in all circumstances has slumped from 22 percent in 1975 to 13 percent in 2023.

Moreover, a 2022 Pew Research survey reveals that 74 percent of Gen Z and millennials, ages 18 to 29, say that abortion should be legal in “all or some cases” compared to 55 percent of their older counterparts, ages 50 to 65 or older.

Without the sheer activism of passionate believers in respecting individual unborn life, those reported shares might be far more—miserable.

Perhaps we need grassroots activism in civilized common sense these days, in which our children’s moral, spiritual and physical development is cherished; and the desire for and respect towards the nuclear family in normative culture blossoms in the United States.

Indeed, a former activist who focused on “gender ideology” across K-12 expressed a sense of regret during an interview with Fox News in July.

Kay Yang said that she started to realize that the very nature of her role at a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) center was, grooming, i.e., to get into readiness for a specific objective. The former employee at the center located in New York went on to say:

“I was hired to conduct LGBT community outreach and education. I thought, ‘Wow, I want to help people who are being marginalized, who are being oppressed, I don’t think that anyone should be discriminated against.’ … I had no idea that what I was doing at the time I was being used as a Trojan horse for this like huge marketing campaign [for gender ideology]. I didn’t know what was going on that was normalizing these policies and these practices that are pushing irreversible medical damage on healthy children.”

The road to hell is, indeed, most always paved with perceived good intentions, as the old proverb goes. There is no shortage of wicked actions committed for the perceived good of others. We might all be guilty at one point in our lives—and it’s plausible that individuals such as Yay awaken from a spell of deception and share their stories far and wide. In fact, the former activist openly and clearly articulated a deeply profound truth:

“I really think that all people, but especially children, should be taught to love and respect their body and grow to accept the body that they were born in and whether that’s a male or a female. And I’m very concerned that this ideology is grooming young girls to believe that they don’t need sex-based rights anymore and grooming them to promote this ideology. Because that’s what happened to me.”

Amen to that.

Yang’s comments, in relation to grooming vulnerable children who might be feeling at odds with themselves or even prone to mannerisms and interests typically associated with the opposite sex, correlate with an increase among young people across K-12 and colleges identifying as “LGBT.”

Indeed, this rate of increase aligns with a coordinated push to promote and normalize every form of sexual behavior and bodily destruction that deviates from a healthy worldview, from a Christian worldview on how to respect ourselves and our fellow humans—whether in a relationship or otherwise.

Multiple polls, as highlighted in a previous article, shows a that a larger proportion of “LGBT” occupies every generation of youth than the previous generation within a similar age group.

Here’s a quick summary. One survey using data from 2020 shows that around 11.5 percent of all Gen Z adults claim to be “bisexual,” with about 2 percent each identifying as “gay, lesbian or transgender.” It is a striking contrast to baby boomers and members of the Silent Generation, where only 1.3 to 2 percent identify as anything other than heterosexual. Another report, using data collected between 2017 and 2020, estimates that 1.4 percent of youth ages 13 to 17 identify as “transgender”—a striking contrast to those 65 and older, where only 0.3 percent identify as such.

To really emphasize the strategic push towards grooming America’s youth into a state where they struggle to accept their God-given blessed physical and sexual selves, let the following numbers sink in:

• According to a report by Brown University’s student newspaper, The Brown Daily Herald, around 40 percent of students surveyed in a Spring 2023 poll said they were “LGBT.” Most shockingly, this proportion is approximately 2.5 times the rate recorded in the school’s Fall 2010 survey and over five times the national average. It might be worthwhile to factor in Brown University as an Ivy League university with progressive left-wing views to comprehend this dramatic increase over the last decade.

• Of the Brown University students who claimed to be anything other than heterosexual, around 30 percent said they were “gay or lesbian.” Roughly 50 percent said they were “bisexual”—a label that might be used by individuals who will only (ever) enter a heterosexual relationship but think “bisexual is cool” and may even, due to their own moral standards or peer pressure, engage in sexual encounters with members of the same sex.

In recent public school enrollment data from the state of New Jersey, the number of students identifying as “non-binary” has ballooned over 4,000 percent during the past four years.

According to figures from New Jersey’s department of education, 16 students identified as such in the 2019-2020 school year. Fast forward to the 2022-23 school year and that number has skyrocketed to 675—of which 41 are reportedly elementary school students.

(Are we noting the upwards direction in mental and sexual degeneracy?)

It must be noted that throughout every human civilization spanning multiple millennia, there have been writings of sexual practices and desires that deviated from heteronormativity.

Supporters of “LGBT,” or the added “Q” for “questioning” as in “non-binary,” might reference homosexual relations in ancient Greece among the elite, between men and pubescent or teenage boys; or they might point to male artists of the Renaissance period who might have written love poems for younger men.

Yet even before the Christianization of Europe or the revival of classical influence from ancient Greek and Roman philosophy, the idea of marriage remained an integral social institution, designed as a fundamental unit of society, where a man and woman come together to have children and raise a family.

Such miserable figures in the aforementioned data highlight a growing cancerous tumor in our culture that must be removed before it aggressively spreads, consuming every cell within our society’s moral fabric.

Identifying that tumor—as a coordinated effort to poison and distort the mental well-being and biological makeup of every generation’s youth, and to diminish the longing and respect for the nuclear family—is the preliminary step towards cultivating a healthier society.

I firmly believe that America needs a revival of Christian thought, starting at a local level, interwoven into the hearts and minds of our nation’s youth, so that they may emerge as young adults with a strong conviction of what they stand for as good patriots and responsible citizens.

To those who sympathize with a Christian worldview, a targeted treatment for removing this malignant tumor begins by teaching children the Bible—and in this day and age, that might be at home or homeschool pods.

Living the inspired Word of God among families develops the ability to identify falsehood disguised as truth, and discern wrong when it feels very right.

Learning Biblical scripture at a local level maintains compatibility with the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights in:

• recognizing our Natural rights;

• maintaining separation between church and state;

• and respecting our Founding Fathers’ belief in the ideas of limited government, including certain restrictions to protect the individual rights and civil liberties of citizens.

As further detailed in a previous article entitled Poll Shows Nearly Half of U.S. Adults Say America Should Be a “Christian Nation,” there are many patriotic Americans who might not ascribe to the Christian faith or any faith at all—and we must find ways to work together, establish common shared values, and restore America’s moral health and well-being.

The aforementioned article’s section A possible path to restore common decency outlines a long-term treatment plan, and I cannot overemphasize that change starts now—not tomorrow or next week, but now.

“First, the entrepreneurs within local communities can strive to build businesses and institutions rooted in values derived from the teachings of Jesus Christ. …

Second, emerging businesses, particularly in the media and entertainment industry, will compete with current mainstream counterparts to capture the attention of young Americans likely to … sympathize with Christian values. …

Third, it might take at least one or two decades to inspire a generation of confident and competent Americans to become leaders in key industries that drive culture. …

For every rising American advocate and leader in the creative economy, so too must they grasp the financial industry and work their way into government, starting at the local and state level.”

Let us recall Founding Father and former president of the United States, John Adams, who observed, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

Content syndicated from Dear Rest of America with permission

Agree/Disagree with the author(s)? Let them know in the comments below and be heard by 10’s of thousands of CDN readers each day!

Support Conservative Daily News with a small donation via Paypal or credit card that will go towards supporting the news and commentary you've come to appreciate.

Dear Rest Of America

Dear Rest Of America is a newsletter written by Cameron Keegan, who independently researches and writes about American politics, faith and culture affecting young people through a conservative disposition. To learn more, visit Dear Rest Of America and for questions, send an email to ckeeganan@substack.com