Workday implementation can be complex and time-consuming. It takes a team of organizational experts, Workday consultants, and other company stakeholders to work together to ensure successful implementation. A concrete plan and sufficient resources are needed when solving Workday implementation challenges.
The main goal of Workday implementation is to streamline business processes, improve efficiency, and create a singular point of reference for data processes in an organization. Effectively, Workday will enable better management of company resources, its finances, human resource, and other essential company functions.
Common Workday Implementation Challenges
When implementing Workday in your organization, you can expect to run into multiple snags without the right workday implementation partners. Let us take a look at some common Workday implementation challenges in an organization:
- Data Migration: Migrating data from legacy systems to Workday is a delicate and time-consuming process. Even the slightest alteration or loss of data could lead to detrimental effects on the company.
- Change management: Workday typically involves changes to pre-existing business processes, which the employees or other company stakeholders are used to. Therefore, any change in the business process is disruptive of the workflow and functions of different dynamic elements of the organization.
- Customization: Workday is a highly customizable platform. But customizing Workday to fit your organization and employees’ needs takes time and effort.
- Integration: Workday can easily be integrated with other platforms. However, implementing integration requires a great deal of information and precision. The slightest error could render your Workday system obsolete, as you might need to achieve the intended purpose of the Workday implementation process.
- User adoption: Using the new platform and business processes as directed by Workday is a big challenge. There is a big difference between the employees and other company elements understanding the organizational changes versus successfully implementing them. Adopting the new changes will take time unless you apply proper supervision and direction.
How to Handle Workday Implementation Challenges
A couple of solutions would help your company and the Workday implementation partners successfully attain the company goals and objectives. Here are some vital steps, which ensure a successful Workday implementation within the organization:
1. Finding the ideal Workday implementation partner
Finding the best partner is one of the first steps toward solving Workday implementation challenges. Keep an eye out for partners with a strong reputation for successful Workday implementations. Considering the company sizes and the approximate time taken from the testing phase to successful performance would be best.
2. Proper documentation
As Workday is highly customizable, many complex systems arise during customization. Proper documentation of the processes and data is necessary and would help you avoid running into frustrating snags when company stakeholders are using the software. As a precaution, it is prudent to establish a standard documentation procedure utilized and applied by all company stakeholders.
3. Proper planning and budgeting
Many organizations aspire to implement Workday within the appropriate time and in the most cost-effective way. Nevertheless, it is pointless even to want these things if you don’t have a discernible and well-prepared plan. Among the first things to consider is the budget; you must carefully prepare the proper funding for Workday implementation, just as you would with any other project in the organization. It would help if you also had a realistic timeline that considers all the elements involved in implementing Workday in your organization.
4. Regular updates
Most organizations test the Workday system after it has been successfully integrated. The approach presents a significant challenge when diagnosing bugs and inconsistencies in the workflow.
If you want to avoid that pertinent problem, it is more prudent to start testing Workday from the initial phase. Moreover, it will be easy to run diagnostics and install essential updates to the system during implementation.
5. Effective communication
Finally, it would help if you streamlined communication and communication channels among all stakeholders of the Workday system. It is mainly because Workday implementation requires the input of multiple teams operating in different capacities. With effective and guided communication, you can expect clarity among the stakeholders and ultimately eliminate devastating effects on your system.
Get the Right Partner for Your Workday Implementation
As you go through some Workday implementation challenges and their solutions, you can feel overwhelmed by the criteria you need to meet your company goals. However, working with the right Workday implementation partners eliminates this problem and is very helpful in solving Workday implementation challenges you may encounter. Get in touch with Workday experts and start implementing Workday today.