FOX News Channel (FNC) topped all of broadcast and cable news networks among total viewers for Thursday’s special breaking news coverage of the Mueller Report release, according to Early Nielsen Media Research. FNC averaged 2.8 million total viewers and 441,000 in the 25-54 demo from 9:30AM-1PM/ET, with coverage led by anchors Bill Hemmer, Sandra Smith, Martha MacCallum, Bret Baier, Chris Wallace, Harris Faulkner, Dana Perino and Shannon Bream.
In primetime, FNC also dominated the cable news competition with Hannity, Tucker Carlson Tonight and The Ingraham Angle, averaging 3.2 million total viewers and 591,000 in the key demo from 8-11PM/ET.
Cable News Mueller Breaking News Coverage (9:30AM-1PM/ET):
- FNC: 2,779,441 P2+ and 441,000 A25-54
- CNN: 1,172,876 P2+ and 286,000 A25-54
- MSNBC: 2,013,382 P2+ and 307,000 A25-54
Broadcast Weighted Averages of Mueller Coverage:
- ABC: 2,220,000 P2+ and493,000A25-54 **average from 9:30AM-1PM/ET
- CBS: 2,535,000 P2+ and 471,000 A2554 **average from 9:30AM-12PM/ET
- NBC: N/A
- FNC: 3,232,720 P2+ and 591,000 A25-54
- CNN: 1,114,350 P2+ and 315,000 A25-54
- MSNBC: 2,566,109 P2+ and 445,000 A25-54