But following the surprise election win of President Donald Trump, liberals swung quickly to the nearest offender against American interests – Russia – and began to identify the Russkies as enemies of America for the first time since World War II.
But only in a way that conveniently associated Donald Trump with them as a way of attacking the new President.
Some examples of Russia’s international meddling prior to Trump:
1) One will recall Obama, on the open mic, caving to Putin’s demands in which he begged the Russian Prime Minister to beg Putin to give him time to get re-elected so he could pull America’s defensive missiles from Eastern Europe, as Putin demanded.
2) Russia got Ted Kennedy to help them work against the Reagan administration, and Teddy even flew to Moscow to meet personally with the Communists to undermine America.
3) Russia placed missiles in Cuba as a threat to America.
4) Russia developed nuclear missiles to threaten America.
5) Russia established bases in the Middle East in order to spread their evil.
6) Hillary sold twenty percent of America’s uranium supply to Russia in exchange for millions of dollars that showed up as donations to the Clinton Global Initiative and resulted in six-figure paychecks for Bill Clinton’s worthless speeches.
But now the new evils of Russia have been toned down considerably by the Democrats. Instead of being a threat to America, now Russia is depicted as just being the tool of Donald Trump as Trump “colluded” with them to win an election against Hillary.
Why would Russia want to defeat Hillary for president when they already owned her, lock-stock-and-barrel, for the uranium deal and her “reset button” stupidity by supposedly corrupting the voter databases that then-president Obama said with certainty, were not corrupted at all?
The liberals would have us believe that hacking American computer systems and databases is not Russia’s fault at all, it’s that pesky Donald Trump that is to blame. This is all very confusing, and completely predictable.
So now it seems that while Democrats conveniently point fingers of accusation at Russia via Trump, they don’t want the Kremlin to think that they want to ruin their decades-long love affair with Moscow, they just want to be able to attack Trump and use Russia as the innocent foil.
Then it will be business as usual between Democrats and Russia once again after Trump is discredited and gotten rid of.
But I’ve got news for the Democrats and the fake news networks: Trump is not going to be undermined and discredited by the liberal, lying press because the patriotic mass of Americans will not buy the leftist lies about him.
His weakening of the Environmental Protection Agency and getting America out of the Paris accords that assured the further weakening of America, were enough for us to support Trump forever.