President Donald Trump will start his official schedule on Tuesday with a trip to the U.S. Capitol in order to meet with republicans on the American Health Care Act.
The president will then receive his presidential daily briefing from the intelligence community.
President Trump will then sign the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Transition Authorization Act of 2017 (S.442) which was passed by the senate on Friday is a spending authorization bill that will increase NASA’s funding by $200 million over 2016 levels. The bill also contains policy statements on NASA priorities.
The bill contains policy statements that would reaffirm congressional commitments to the Orion Crew Capsule and the Space Launch System (SLS). NASA would have to provide several reports on the development of those projects, as well as reducing its role in the management of the International Space Station (ISS).
The president will use his afternoon to continue his push for the best replacement for Obamacare as he hosts a session with legislators.
The evening will include President Trump’s attendance of a republican dinner at the National Building Museum.
President Donald Trump’s Schedule for Tuesday, 3/20/2017
- 9:00 AM Depart The White House en route to the Capitol – South Portico
- 9:15 AM Meet with the Republican House Conference – U.S. Capitol
- 10:30 AM Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
- 11:00 AM Sign S. 442 which is the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Transition Authorization Act of 2017 – Oval Office
- 3:00 PM Host legislative affairs group meeting, likely on the health care bill – Roosevelt Room
- 7:30 PM Deliver remarks at the National Republican Congressional Committee March Dinner – National Building Museum
- 8:10 PM Depart the National Building Museum en route to the White House