Obama: The Most Transparent President Ever
“My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.” This came off the White House Web-Site, nothing but a lot of B.S. isn’t it?
Secret courts, Secret emails, Phone surveillance, Drones. NSA spying, IRS targeting Conservative Groups, Benghazi, Fast & Furious, Obama-Care, as a matter of fact, I cannot find one thing that Obama has done so far that falls under the term transparent. When he was sworn into office in 2009, he declared his presidency would be “the most open and transparent in history.” John McCain wrote a letter to Obama on June 17th, in it he said, “Four years ago you pledged to usher in a new era of government transparency, since then however, your administration has habitually circumvented congressional oversight.”
Katherine Meyer, a Washington lawyer who has been filing Freedom Of Information Act cases since 1978 said, “Obama is the sixth administration that’s been in office since I’ve been doing Freedom of Information Act work. It’s kind of shocking to me to say this, but of the six, this administration is the worst on FOIA issues. The worst. There’s just no question about it,” “This administration is raising one barrier after another. It’s gotten to the point where I’m stunned, I’m really stunned.”
Some open-government advocates say some administration practices are actually undercutting Obama’s goal. Among their complaints:
• Administration lawyers are aggressively fighting FOIA requests at the agency level and in court — sometimes on Obama’s direct orders. They’ve also wielded anti-transparency arguments even bolder than those asserted by the Bush administration.
• The administration has embarked on an unprecedented wave of prosecutions of whistleblowers and alleged leakers — an effort many journalists believe is aimed at blocking national security-related stories. “There just seems to be a disconnect here. You want aggressive journalism abroad; you just don’t want it in the United States,” ABC Jake Tapper told White House press secretary Jay Carney.
• In one of those cases, the Justice Department was trying to force a New York Times reporter to identify his confidential sources and is arguing that he has no legal protection from doing so.
• Compliance with agencies’ open-government plans has been spotty, with confusing and inaccurate metrics sometimes used to assess progress. Some federal agencies are also throwing up new hurdles, such as more fees, in the path of those seeking records.
• The Office of Management and Budget has stalled for more than a year the proposals of the chief FOIA office to improve government wide FOIA operations.
Why isn’t the media doing more to bring these things front and center? Because Obama is a Democrat, and because he is a Democrat, he has gotten a pass from many of the civil liberty and good-government groups who spent years watching President Bush’s every move like a hawk.
But I have to admit Obama is very transparent to me. It is transparent that he is the worse President in my lifetime, it is transparent that even after five years in office, he still does not know what he is doing. It is also transparent he enjoys the perks of the job, but not the job, he is also not a leader, he also craps on the Constitution whenever he can. It is transparent that he is running this country into the ground, he knows nothing about running an economy and he has made a joke of America around the world with his so called Foreign Policy. It should also be transparent to the rest of the country that he is completely incompetent.
So you see in a way Obama is very transparent, at least to me anyway.
“What Kind Of Society Are We Leaving Our Kids” Available Here.
This is one man’s opinion.
Chris there are many Americans who are blind to everything. They are no information voters. Then there are the low information voters who are fed just enough information to make them dangerous. These types are spread all through my family up in Massachusetts, all are well educated and firm in their beliefs with one thing in common. All of their brains combined could not muster a single worthy thought on how to boil water. None understand transparency in government even tho their favorite color is Clear. Thank God I moved away before that virus took hold.
But have faith in knowing that there many Americans who see right through Barry’s mojo of deceit and lies. To us this administrations transparency is very apparent and just as clear as a Goat’s ass.
Jerry, there are many who see through his B.S. but not enough I fear.