In typical Washington style, so much pork spending was buried deep in the hundreds of pages of the Inflation Reduction Act. Let’s get one thing on the table before we dig in. This bill has nothing to do with inflation or reduction. This bill is about “vote buying,” and the Left is upset because there is insufficient spending. They want more pork and feel deceived by Biden’s promises. Let’s take a look at what Democrats call Inflation Reduction.
- $1.3 Billion provision to aid small town newspapers a one time payment of $12,500 per employee.
- $42 Billion in tax credits to individuals who purchase electric cars. Since only the rich can afford these vehicles, this is a subsidy for the upper class.
- The IRS would have access to every checking account in the country, and their 87,000 new agents would use this information to target Americans for tax audits
- Raises the corporate tax to the highest in the world at a time when we are trying to bring our businesses back from China. Why would they come back to be penalized by Joe Biden?
- To extend the Child Tax Credit of $300 per child with no means of tracking the social security numbers of the child or claimant.
Joe, everything is not going to be okay. You have lied to the American people in the name of securing votes and stemming a red wave in November. You have shown that you will say and do anything to stay in power. You have made a mockery of the system and this great Republic. It should not work.
Back in the Obama years, this country lost millions on loans to Green Energy companies. While visiting Solyndra in May of 2010, President Barack Obama claimed Solyndra was “leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.” By 2010, 1,100 people were out of work and the U.S. taxpayers were on the hook for $535 Million for a loan defaulted on by Solyndra. We are repeating the same wrong decision.
A solar energy company, First Solar, owned by a Biden megadonor, received a $500 million government loan to build a manufacturing facility in India, the Biden administration announced this week, raising questions about whether the company’s political clout played any role in the financing decision. The Inflation Reduction Act gives Joe Biden $60 Billion to pick and choose winners in the green energy sector for him to reward with grants and loans.
Let’s call it what it is. This bill is a pot of gold for Biden and Democrats to dip in and scoop up millions to spend as they see fit. The Dems hope that a fancy name that means nothing and throwing money out like candy at a local parade will hoodwink their base and secure Dem control so they can go back to the planning board for more creative ways to spend our money. And as far as bringing down inflation, not their problem. Just consider it a universal tax your corrupt Democrat Federal Reps and Senators brought to you. Elections have consequences, and pulling the Blue Lever will cost you dearly every time.
Content syndicated from ConservatriveViewFromNH.com with permission
Agree/Disagree with the author(s)? Let them know in the comments below and be heard by 10’s of thousands of CDN readers each day!