“Multiculturalism” refers to the progressive teaching that every culture is equally valid, and that cultural norms different from our own should be immune from criticism. In other words, if another person’s culture is cool with female genital mutilation and throwing gay men from rooftops—accepted practices in some Muslim countries—who are we to say those things are wrong? Multicultural ideology demands that America open its arms to immigrants and refugees from all cultures, even ones that condone things such as mutilating the genitals of young girls and throwing gay men to their death.
In June 2004, a conference was held in the nation’s capital about the mortal danger multiculturalism and unchecked immigration pose to America. One of the speakers was Victor Davis Hanson, a conservative Republican whose best-selling book, “Mexifornia,” chronicles how multiculturalism and massive immigration have virtually destroyed his home state of California. A few months after the conference, former Colorado governor Dick Lamm, a liberal Democrat, delivered a stunning address that described how multiculturalism and massive immigration will, if not reversed, lead to the destruction of America as we know it. As published on the website of conservative journalist Michelle Malkin, below are highlights of Gov. Lamm’s 8-point plan to destroy America.
I have a plan to destroy America
By Richard D. Lamm
I have a secret plan to destroy America. If you believe, as many do, that America is too smug, too white bread, too self-satisfied, too rich, then let’s destroy America. It is not that hard to do. History shows that nations are more fragile than their citizens think. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and they fall, and that “an autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.” Here is my plan to destroy America.
1. We must first make America a bilingual-bicultural country. History shows, in my opinion, that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. One scholar, Seymour Martin Lipset, put it this way: “The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy.”
2. I would then invent “multiculturalism” and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal: that there are no cultural differences that are important. I would declare it an article of faith that the black and Hispanic dropout rate is only due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation would be out-of-bounds.
3. We can make the United States a “Hispanic Quebec” without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with a salad bowl metaphor. It is important to ensure that we have various cultural sub-groups reinforcing their differences, rather than Americans emphasizing their similarities.
4. Having done all this, I would make our fastest-growing demographic group the least educated. I would add a second underclass, unassimilated, undereducated and antagonistic to our population. I would have this second underclass have a 50 percent dropout rate from school.
5. I would then get the big foundations and big business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of victimology. I would get all minorities to think their lack of success was the fault of the majority. I would start a grievance industry blaming all minority failure on the majority population.
6. I would establish dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would celebrate diversity. “Diversity” is a wonderfully seductive word. It stresses differences rather than commonalities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other–that is, when they are not killing each other. A “diverse,” peaceful or stable society is against most historical precedent. People undervalue the unity it takes to keep a nation together, and we can take advantage of this myopia.
7. Then I would place all these subjects off-limits–make it taboo to talk about them. I would find a word similar to “heretic” in the 16th century that stopped discussion and paralyzed thinking. Words like “racist”, “xenophobe” halt argument and conversation. I would have the large foundations fund the doctrine of “victimology.” Then, I would make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra –“because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good.” I would make every individual immigrant sympatric and ignore the cumulative impact.
8. Lastly, I would censor Victor Davis Hanson’s book “Mexifornia.” This book is dangerous; it exposes my plan to destroy America. So please, please–if you feel that America deserves to be destroyed—please, please–-don’t buy this book! This guy is on to my plan.
When Gov. Lamm finished his speech, the conference room was silent, as everyone in the overflow audience realized that what they’d just heard was being methodically carried out by the post-1960s Democratic Party in its ongoing attempt to “fundamentally transform the United States of America” through multiculturalism and massive immigration.
An immigration video worth watching and sharing
Unless significantly reduced, present immigration levels, legal and illegal, will destroy America as we know it. Prepared by the Center for Immigration Studies, the video presentation below shows the ruinous impact massive immigration is having on the country your children and grandchildren will live in. How you vote matters.
Content syndicated from TheBlueStateConservative.com with permission.