Private sector employment increased by 2,369,000 jobs from May to June according to the June ADP National Employment Report. Broadly distributed to the public each month, free of charge, the ADP National Employment Report is produced by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics. The report, which is derived from ADP’s actual payroll data, measures the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis.
June 2020 Report Highlights*
Total U.S. Nonfarm Private Employment: 2,369,000
By Company Size
– Small businesses: 937,000
- 1-19 employees 574,000
- 20-49 employees 363,000
– Medium businesses: 559,000
- 50-499 employees 559,000
– Large businesses: 873,000
- 500-999 employees 101,000
- 1,000+ employees 772,000
– Goods-producing: 457,000
- Natural resources/mining -26,000
- Construction 394,000
- Manufacturing 88,000
– Service-providing: 1,912,000
- Trade/transportation/utilities 288,000
- Information -50,000
- Financial activities 65,000
- Professional/business services 151,000
– Professional/technical services 10,000
– Management of companies/enterprises -29,000
– Administrative/support services 169,000
- Education/health services 283,000
– Health care/social assistance 246,000
– Education 36,000
- Leisure/hospitality 961,000
- Other services 215,000
* Sum of components may not equal total, due to rounding.
– Franchise Employment**
- Franchise jobs 4,500
**Complete details on franchise employment can be found here.
“Small business hiring picked up in the month of June,” said Ahu Yildirmaz, vice president and co-head of the ADP Research Institute. “As the economy slowly continues to recover, we are seeing a significant rebound in industries that once experienced the greatest job losses. In fact, 70 percent of the jobs added this month were in the leisure and hospitality, trade and construction industries.”
The matched sample used to develop the ADP National Employment Report was derived from ADP payroll data, which represents 460,000 U.S. clients employing nearly 26 million workers in the U.S. The May total of jobs added was revised from -2,760,000 to 3,065,000.
Content created by Conservative Daily News and some content syndicated through CDN is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements.Wake up Right! Subscribe to our Morning Briefing and get the news delivered to your inbox before breakfast!