In The News

Colleges: It’s offensive to dress up as Obama for Halloween, but not Trump

According to a news report, one college has gone so far down the “cultural appropriation” rabbit hole that they are even telling students which presidents are off-limits for Halloween.

You can wear an orange President Trump wig or dress as one of our first 43 presidents, but one president is off-limits: President Barack Obama. That’s according to “A guide to being culturally sensitive this Halloween” in the University of Massachusetts Amherst’s student magazine.

So it’s ok for anyone of any culture to dress up as a white president, but no one, of any color can go as the nation’s only black president (not counting Bill Clinton.)

That’s one message in a confused mess of warnings from schools across the nation that appear intent upon controlling every thought of their students – down to their Halloween costumes.

The University of Michigan warns students if their costumes promote racial, cultural, gender, or other stereotypes, they could face consequences depending on the severity of the infraction.

..

“Your costume choice is not an opportunity to fetishize or sensationalize anyone’s culture, race, sexuality, gender identity, mental illness, or physical disability, among other things,” the editorial board at Seattle University’s student newspaper wrote.

Things have gone too far and at some point, students and parents are going to have to fight back or watch this slip into where no non-authorized thought, apparel, speech or action will be tolerated. The education system will fashion your children into unthinking bots or they will face the consequences.

Support Conservative Daily News with a small donation via Paypal or credit card that will go towards supporting the news and commentary you've come to appreciate.

Rich Mitchell

Rich Mitchell is the editor-in-chief of Conservative Daily News and the president of Bald Eagle Media, LLC. His posts may contain opinions that are his own and are not necessarily shared by Bald Eagle Media, CDN, staff or .. much of anyone else. Find him on twitter, facebook and