Donald Trump won the 2016 election and made some bold promises. This page will track his administration’s ability to live up to every single one of them. Don’t see a promise listed that you remember him making or feel that tracking information should be updated? Just let us know in the comment section below.
Trump’s Campaign Promises and Status
|Get manufacturers to stop sending jobs overseas||In-progress||- Carrier has announced an agreement with Trump to keep a plant in Indiana open saving 1,000 jobs
- Ford pulls back plans to move SUV production to Mexico after meeting with Trump
- Apple has parts suppliers, currently overseas, examine moving manufacturing to the United States
|Secure the Border||In-Progress||- Authorized 5,000 more border control agents
- EO authorizing wall planning activities
- Wall prototypes built and undergoing testing
- Authorized 4,000 National Guard Troops for border protection
|Repeal and Replace the Affordable Care Act||On-hold||- EO ordering agencies not to apply Obamacare penalties
- American Health Care Act bill pulled from consideration after republicans failed to get enough votes
|Strengthen the Military||In-progress||- National Defense Authorization Act of 2019 passed, includes spending increases and pay increases for military members|
|Renegotiate NAFTA||Delivered||- announced that NAFTA will be renegotiated or U.S. will pull out
- in negotiations with NAFTA partners
- agreement reached with Mexico, new bilateral U.S. - Mexico Trade Agreement heads to Congress for approval
- Canada agreed to U.S. - Mexico -Canada agreement on 9/30/18
|Get rid of all of Obama's Executive Orders||in-progress|
|Nominate a Constitutional Conservative to the Supreme Court||Delivered||- Nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch - confirmed
- Nominated Brett Kavanaugh - undergoing confirmation
|Drop out of Paris Accord||Delivered||- Trump told NY Times press that he won't pull out right away and would examine impacts to U.S.
- Pulled out of the accord
|Get rid of Iran Nuke Deal||Delivered||Pulled out of the Nuclear deal in May, 2018|
|Defeat ISIS||In-progress, going well||- pushed ISIS out of its strongholds in Iraq|
|Deport illegal aliens||In-progress||- EO signed on border security and illegal immigration enforcement
- Border crossings arrests at all-time low, deportations at all time high (Dec. 2017)
|Appoint special prosecutor to find the truth about Hillary Clinton and her corrupt foundation||Failed||- announced that he would be directing his ambassadors to request foreign governments to investigate ties with Clinton Foundation
- foreign nations pulled funding for Clinton Global Initiative after the request to investigate. The funding losses resulted in the closure of the "charity"
- has announced publicly that he would not be appointing a special prosecutor nor would he go after the Clintons or their foundation
|Lobbying Ban||Delivered||- EO forbidding Executive Branch staff from lobbying for 5 years after leaving office|
|Reduce regulations||In-Progress||- signed EO requiring that for every 1 new reg, 2 must be eliminated
- signed EO to reduce coal/gas regs
- announced in first 100-day plan that he would require every new regulation be accompanied by two old ones being erased.
- 18 regulations repealed for every 1 enacted
|Hiring freeze on all federal employees||Delivered||- EO ordering hiring and pay freeze signed|
|Constitutional amendment forcing congressional Term Limits||Not Started|
|Comprehensive Tax Reform||Partially delivered||- Tax cuts delivered in 2017, but comprehensive reform was not.
- Tax reform 2.0 discussed in 2018, but not likely until after midterms
|Move U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and officially recognize as capital||Delivered||- Embassy opened in Jerusalem May 14, 2018
- Announced Dec. 2017 that the embassy would be moved over next 3-4 years
- Signed proclamation officially recognizing Jerusalem as capital of Israel
Keep up with all the latest Trump White House news on our Trump Administration Page!