Donald Trump won the 2016 election and made some bold promises. This page will track his administration’s ability to live up to every single one of them. Don’t see a promise listed that you remember him making or feel that tracking information should be updated? Just let us know in the comment section below.
Trump’s Campaign Promises and Status
|Get manufacturers to stop sending jobs overseas||In-progress||- Carrier has announced an agreement with Trump to keep a plant in Indiana open saving 1,000 jobs
- Ford pulls back plans to move SUV production to Mexico after meeting with Trump
- Apple has parts suppliers, currently overseas, examine moving manufacturing to the United States
|Secure the Border||In-Progress||- Authorized 5,000 more border control agents
- EO authorizing wall planning activities
|Repeal and Replace the Affordable Care Act||On-hold||- EO ordering agencies not to apply Obamacare penalties
- American Health Care Act bill pulled from consideration after republicans failed to get enough votes
|Strengthen the Military||In-progress|
|Renegotiate NAFTA||in-progress||- announced that NAFTA will be renegotiated or U.S. will pull out|
|Get rid of all of Obama's Executive Orders||in-progress|
|Nominate a Constitutional Conservative to the Supreme Court||Delivered||- Nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch|
|Drop out of Paris Accord||Falling Short||- Trump told NY Times press that he won't pull out right away and would examine impacts to U.S.|
|Get rid of Iran Nuke Deal||Not Started|
|Deport illegal aliens||In-progress||- EO signed on border security and illegal immigration enforcement|
|Appoint special prosecutor to find the truth about Hillary Clinton and her corrupt foundation||Muddy||- announced that he would be directing his ambassadors to request foreign governments to investigate ties with Clinton Foundation
- foreign nations pulled funding for Clinton Global Initiative after the request to investigate. The funding losses resulted in the closure of the "charity"
- has announced publicly that he would not be appointing a special prosecutor nor would he go after the Clintons or their foundation
|Lobbying Ban||Delivered||- EO forbidding Executive Branch staff from lobbying for 5 years after leaving office|
|Reduce regulations||In-Progress||- signed EO requiring that for every 1 new reg, 2 must be eliminated
- signed EO to reduce coal/gas regs
- announced in first 100-day plan that he would require every new regulation be accompanied by two old ones being erased.
|Hiring freeze on all federal employees||Delivered||- EO ordering hiring and pay freeze signed|
|Constitutional amendment forcing congressional Term Limits||Not Started|
|Comprehensive Tax Reform||In-Progress||- after failure of AHCA, Trump and Ryan announced that they are starting on tax reform and hope to have it done by August|
Keep up with all the latest Trump White House news on our Trump Administration Page!Wake up Right! Subscribe to our Morning Briefing and get the news delivered to your inbox before breakfast!