President-elect Donald Trump made the economy a central focus in his bid for the White House. Now that he’s won, CDN will be following his policy’s impacts on the U.S. economy.
As a baseline, we’ll start with October of 2016 which should include no impacts as Trump had not yet won the election.
October 2016 Pre-Election Economic Situation
Employment Situation (BLS data – seasonally adjusted)
- 161,000 non-farm payrolls added
- U3 Unemployment: 4.9%
- U6 Unemployment 9.5%
- Average weekly hours 34.4
- Average hourly income $25.92
- Average weekly earnings $891.65
- Labor force participation rate 62.8%
Remember to keep track of all news about the Trump White House on our Trump Administration Page!