For Obama, Change Is Difficult To Achieve
Remember this picture? President Barack Hussein Obama, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid,and (then) Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi declared this to be the most honest and transparent administration in our nation’s history. Obama campaigned on what he called “the most sweeping ethics reform in history.” Obama also frequently criticized the role of money in politics.
For Obama to say that his administration would be honest and transparent must have really required him to have more than his share of chutzpah. Especially in light of the fact that more than half of Obama’s 47 largest bundlers have been given administration jobs, and nine have been appointed to presidential boards and committees. At least 24 Obama bundlers have been appointed to posts as foreign ambassadors. To the victors go the spoils.
Eric Schultz, White House spokesman, said, “In filling these posts, the administration looks for the most qualified candidates who represent Americans from all walks of life. Being a donor does not get you a job in this administration, nor does it preclude you from getting one.” Yet Obama has appointed 59 ambassadors who were not career Foreign Service officers. Forty percent of his appointees were bundlers. The Foreign Service Act of 1980 says that “contributions to political campaigns should not be a factor in the appointment of an individual as a chief of mission (ambassador).”
Obama has appointed campaign bundlers to several jobs:
- Attorney General Eric Holder was a bundler who raised at least $50,000 for Obama
- Federal Communications Commission chairman Julius Genachowski raised at least half a million dollars for Obama
- Department of Energy liaison Steve Spinner pressed DOE staff members to finalize a government loan for Solyndra
- George Kaiser, major Obama bundler, advised on how to press officials for federal contracts and additional loan assistance for Solyndra
- Luxembourg Ambassador Cynthia Stroum, a Seattle venture capitalist, raised $500,000 for Obama
- Stroum was replaced by Robert Mandell, a Florida real estate developer who raised between $200,000 and $500,000 for Obama
- Ambassador to the Bahamas Nicole Avant, a music industry executive, raised at least $500,000 for Obama
- Belgian Ambassador Howard Gutman bundled at least half a million dollars for Obama’s 2008 campaign and another $275,000 for his inauguration
- Donald H. Gips, who raised more than $500,000 in contributions for Obama, was put in charge of hiring in the Obama White House, helping to place loyalists and fundraisers in many key positions
Obama ran in 2008 on changing the culture in Washington, and specifically against this very practice, and so it’s not unfair to point out his hypocrisy. Obama’s 2008 campaign slogan was “change you can believe in.” We are STILL waiting for change!
But that’s just my opinion.
If there ever was a list that needs to be on TV and shown to the American people, this is it! And make all effort to show the sign behind these criminals standing in front of where is says “Honest” government. No, they are the most dishonest government in recent memory because they are so open about how they are hiding so much that it would shock the hell out of the American people. ACORN was trying to cover what they were doing in 2006, but after they found they were going to get away with what they were doing, in 2008 they were completely open in the fraud they were committing to the point where video after video they acted like “what gives you the right to tell us what to do” attitude. Until that is, Andrew Breitbart videoed a ACORN office worker telling these two people who went in there posing as a prostitute and her pimp who were wondering how to file their income taxes. And the worker proceeded to tell them how to avoid paying any taxes at all. That is something that Blacks all know about and act on and that is avoiding paying income taxes and acting like they’re all poor, and filing for Welfare and Food Stamps and getting them based on fraudulant tax forms.
The Obama administration is the most open fraudulant administration there has ever been in the history of this nation. Everyone else before Obama has tried to cover up as much as they could and not let any one find out about what they were up to. Obama doesen’t believe he needs to do any of that.
What’s wrong with THAT picture?