FEC To Allow Foreign-Born Citizen to Run for President

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “FEC To Allow Foreign-Born Citizen to Run for President”.

Tags: , , , ,

1. I like the valuable info you supply to your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check once more here frequently. I am relatively certain I’ll be told a lot of new stuff proper here! Good luck for the next!

2. click here says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Cheers!

3. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really realize what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my website =). We can have a hyperlink alternate agreement between us

4. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice whilst you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

5. It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I am happy that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

6. JustThinking says:

This article states, “The Constitution does not define “natural-born citizen”. That term is defined in section 8 of the United States Code of Laws.”

Does anyone have the exact citation for the definition of a natural born citizen in US Code? If so, would you leave a comment with that info.

Thanks!

• R. Mitchell says:

Title 8, section 1401:

• Anyone born inside the United States and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, which exempts the child of a diplomat from this provision

• Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person’s status as a citizen of the tribe

• Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.

• Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national

• Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year

• Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21

• Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)

• Countryman says:

To Rich Mitchell and all who read his comment: the definition cited in Title 8, Sec. 1401 does NOT define natural born citizen according to the US Code, but as the heading says, “Sec. 1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth. The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:”

I am uncertain why you chose to omit the heading which applies generally to defining citizenship; perhaps I was unable to find the term “natural born citizen” in Title 8; if it is there, and you can show us where, please accept my apology. The term “natural born citizen” appears NOWHERE in the US Code, but is plentifully ruled on in several Federal Court decisions, and they are all unanimous that a NATURAL born citizen (as opposed to a NATIVE born citizen or other type) is the child of TWO parents BOTH of whom were US citizens (by any definition) at the time of his birth in the US.

Barry Hussein IS a native born citizen, the child of a US citizen and a national (foreigner), but not a natural born citizen. And this inanity of allowing the FEC to rule on Abdul Hassan’s (some Swedish Lutheran, I’m guessing) application is beyond reason.

• Max says:

Countryman…

Can you provide a court case source for this?

“The term “natural born citizen” appears NOWHERE in the US Code, but is plentifully ruled on in several Federal Court decisions, and they are all unanimous that a NATURAL born citizen (as opposed to a NATIVE born citizen or other type) is the child of TWO parents BOTH of whom were US citizens (by any definition) at the time of his birth in the US.”

7. Shane says:

This is TREASON and all should be tried and if found guilty HANGED like the FOUNDERS would have done.

• Max says:

This isn’t an FEC issue, regardless of how they interpret this. And despite what you might think, what the FEC isn’t doing is more important than what it hasn’t the power to do in the first place, and that is define “natural born citizen.” They just can’t make it up, or apply a definition of their own making. As such, this is a matter of Constitutional law, ultimately resting with lawmakers, and if required, SCOTUS.

What you call “slippery slope” is actually a good thing. For it demonstrates that every citizen has the power to challenge our laws as we see fit, that our laws are not rigid or unquestionable. Thus giving credence to our constitution that has been amended 27 times.

And another thing. My brother, born to U.S. military parents in post-war Japan, is a naturalized citizen, and we would disqualify him, and tens of thousands of others like him, from seeking the highest office afforded to every U.S. Citizen (except those not born on U.S. soil?) There was a time in history where we had good reason to fear a British subject from attempting such a feat. But those days are over guys. And if you think ole “Hasan” is a threat… what the heck will you do when U.S. born muslims seek the Presidency? Croak?

8. john says:

Just more ass-kissing and giving away taxpayer dollars for the enemy within. Aiding and abetting these enemies should be followed by a quick public hanging. The law-bending and stretching would stop pretty damn fast, I would think. Hammer their asses, polite little suck=butts. Hanging would be too fast for my taste-they should suffer greatly for their crimes against the USA. But it would be effective.

9. Just another “unintended consequence” of our legal system – one that has no clear-cut interpretation. As Rich says, “Semantics are the tool of the left and they may be at work to change the application of a fundamental clause in the U.S. Constitution.” One more reason to ALWAYS vote conservative.

10. I am working on my comments as I type this! Unfortunately, I cannot use the language that immediately popped out of my mouth when I read this…. so it will take me some time to compose myself and write an appropriate letter to send to the FEC.