Obama Administration Afflicted by Corruption
Corruption is the abuse of public office for private gain, and it tarnishes the Obama Administration at every turn. We have a tax cheat in Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner. He conveniently neglected, by his account “forgot”, to pay in excess of $40,000 in payroll taxes. Showing that there is honor among thieves, Geithner then appointed chief of staff Mark Patterson, who was a former Goldman Sachs lobbyist, to oversee the $700 billion TARP program. Geithner turned a blind eye to the fact that Goldman Sachs had already received $10 billion of that money. What could go wrong? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Then there is the case of Tom Daschle who was Obama’s original choice for Secretary of Health and Human Services. Daschle’s nomination, you will recall, was withdrawn because he failed to disclose more than $300,000 in past income.
Then there is the case of Nancy Killefer’s nomination for chief performance officer. Oops, the administration “belatedly” learned that she had a lien on her property to the tune of $946.69 back in 2005 because she “forgot” to pay taxes. At this rate she’ll never reach the level of Daschle, but hey, at least she’s trying!
Then Barry Obama commits to the public that he will have “no more lobbyists” in his administration. Promptly “forgetting” his public pledge he turns right around and appoints acting Secretary of Labor, Hilda Solis, who used to be the treasurer of American Rights at Work.
And let us not forget William Lynn, the deputy Defense secretary, who lobbied for a defense contractor as recently as 2008. Lynn is not alone. There are more than a dozen lobbyists in the Obama Administration. Obama is fond of making great sounding pronouncements and then immediately doing the opposite, so what’s new?
And let us not forget the trickery and behind-the-scenes corruption that gave us all ObamaCare. Can anyone say Blanche Lincoln and Ben Nelson?
Gail Shumway, writing for www.redpills.com, had this to say on the subject of another icon of integrity, a certain Janet Napolitano, Obama’s Secretary of Homeland Security:
Well what’s new is not just the level of corruption but the level of ignorance that is exhibited by Barry’s useful idiots. I am talking about Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano. This is the top dog, and the use of that term has more than one meaning, between us and the terrorists. Oh, I’m sorry, I mean ‘creators of manmade disasters‘. Veterans, those who actually pay taxes, gun rights individuals, Libertarians, et. al. is the new terrorists. Anyway, this idiot, Napolitano, stated that “suspected or known terrorists” have entered the U. S. across the Canadian border, including the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack. REALLY!? Canada, I apologize for Barry’s useful idiot Napolitano, her IQ must have slipped at least 50 points by becoming a member of Barry’s administration. I mean it has almost become a prerequisite.
From the nationalpost.com dated April 22, 2009 entitled “The border for dummies”.
Can someone please tell us how U. S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano got her job? She appears to be about as knowledgeable about border issues as a late-night radio call-in yahoo.
In an interview broadcast Monday on the CBC, Ms. Napolitano attempted to justify her call for stricter border security on the premise that “suspected or known terrorists” have entered the U. S. across the Canadian border, including the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack.
All the 9/11 terrorists, of course, entered the United States directly from overseas. The notion that some arrived via Canada is a myth that briefly popped up in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and was then quickly debunked.
Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: “I can’t talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here’s the future. The future is we have borders.”
Just what does that mean, exactly?
Just a few weeks ago, Ms. Napolitano equated Canada’s border to Mexico’s, suggesting they deserved the same treatment. Mexico is engulfed in a drug war that left more than 5,000 dead last year, and which is spawning a spillover kidnapping epidemic in Arizona. So many Mexicans enter the United States illegally that a multi-billion-dollar barrier has been built from Texas to California to keep them out.
In Canada, on the other hand, the main problem is congestion resulting from cross-border trade. Not quite the same thing, is it?
But enough of the minions. Obama appears to take the cake when it comes to integrity issues. Here are a number of examples of alleged inconsistencies between Obama’s words and documented truth:
- “Selma Got Me Born.” – The truth is that Obama was born in 1961 and the Selma incident didn’t occur until 1965.
- “Father Was a Goat Herder.” – Obama’s father was a privileged, well-educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.
- “My family has strong ties to African Freedom.” – Obama’s cousin Raila Odinga created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007 in Kenya. It was the first widespread violence in Kenya in decades.
- “My grandmother has always been a Christian.” – In a public interview Obama’s grandmother admits that she does her daily Salat prayers at 5 a.m. and states “I am a strong believer of the Islamic faith.” The elderly women said that in a recent interview in Kenya. Also, Christianity wouldn’t have allowed her to have been one of 14 wives to one man.
- “My name is African Swahili.” – Actually, Obama’s name is Arabic and ‘Baraka’ (from which Barack come) means ‘blessed’ in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama.
- “I never practiced Islam.” – Obama practiced it daily at school, where he was registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years, until Michelle Obama made him change it so that he could run for office. Enter Rev. Wright.
- “Present votes are common in Illinois.” – They were common for Obama but not many others in Illinois have 130 NO VOTES.
- “I was a professor of law.” – He was a senior lecturer on leave.
- “I was a Constitutional Lawyer.” He was a senior lecturer on leave.
- “I have released my state records.” – State bills Obama sponsored or voted for have yet to be released.
- “I won Michigan.” – He lost Michigan.
- “I won Nevada.” – He lost Nevada.
- “I don’t take PAC Money.” – Obama takes lots of PAC money.
- “I inspire people with my words.” – He inspires people with other people’s words. Cue the Teleprompter.
- “I am as patriotic as anyone.” – He has refused to wear a flag pin. He doesn’t put his hand over his heart during the National Anthem. There was a Cuban flag with Che Guevara displayed at Barack Obama’s campaign Office which he allowed to be displayed. He voted against making English the official language of the United States. He voted to give illegal aliens Social Security benefits, which would bankrupt the Social Security system for Americans legally paying into it.
- Wal-Mart is a company I wouldn’t support.” – Michelle Obama received nearly a quarter of a million dollars through Treehouse, which is connected to Wal-Mart.
Adolf Hitler’s Minister of Propaganda, Joseph Goebbels, once said that “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Other notable Goebbels quotes that appear to have been taken to heart by Obama include:
The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly – it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over”
“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”
“Intellectual activity is a danger to the building of character”
“Faith moves mountains, but only knowledge moves them to the right place”
“If the day should ever come when we [the Nazis] must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.”
“Whoever can conquer the street will one day conquer the state, for every form of power politics and any dictatorship-run state has its roots in the street.”
It has been said that today we see the same old sins – performed by new people. Corruption becomes a habit within societies. It takes the clear, calm voice of truth to shed light on government corruption. It takes a free press to hold government officials accountable for their words and their deeds. It takes a free people with liberty in their hearts to oust the corrupt from public offices. It takes new people exercising the same old rights of free people everywhere to keep corruption in check.