How users choose their dating app
It would initially appear that modern technologies significantly speed up our lives. And it seems like we need this much more than anything, to give us more time for our personal lives and pleasant pastimes. But for some reason it often turns out the other way around. The average person could easily fill 24 hours a day with apps and then ask for another 2-3 hours. This, unfortunately, is not possible. But learning to manage your time more wisely is within your grasp.
As you may have guessed, we’re going to talk about dating apps. More specifically, about how modern users choose between platforms, what they focus on and how they evaluate the quality of a particular service. Today in the online world there are more than eight thousand dating sites and applications. Choosing the right platform to both save your time and achieve what you want is not an easy task.
Why are dating apps so different despite all the similarities?
Open the app store on your smartphone, search for “Dating” and look at the results. Tell us, do you see any significant difference among them? Probably not! The interface and functions are similar or even identical, free and paid functionality are also pretty much the same. So it turns out that despite the apparent variety, it can be very, very difficult to choose something worthwhile.
So what should you do?
The first thing you should learn is that the popularity of a dating app is not a guarantee of its quality and effectiveness. You don’t have to look far for an example. Check out Tinder, one of the most popular dating apps in the world. But does this make Tinder effective for finding promising acquaintances? Hardly! Many call Tinder a one-night stand dating app. And it’s hard to argue with that.
After all, the biggest surge in popularity of the site occurred during the period of the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi in 2014, when participants and spectators used the application for “quick” location-based dating. The Olympics are long gone, and the perception of Tinder as a no-obligation dating service hasn’t gone away. Although we do not deny that you can still find the love of your life and your true happiness.
Here you might get the impression that choosing a popular dating app is not the best idea, and that it is better to use less well-known niche sites. This is partly true, but not entirely. Popular dating services also find their audience and can be very effective:
- Bumble — a dating service where girls always make the first move. For the girls, this is a great opportunity to avoid excessive male attention and pressure. Definitely an important feature that becomes decisive for many.
- Badoo — not just a dating platform, but a whole social network with an emphasis on dating. The main feature of Badoo is that when registering, the user must indicate their goal: to find a partner, make new friends, or just chat. This is very convenient, as it helps you better understand what you want for yourself, and what those you interact with want.
- Mamba — another popular dating service that, from the user’s point of view, does not differ much from its rivals. But from the point of view of the owners of other sites, they look more interesting. It’s all about the Mamba affiliate network, which is essentially a ready-made system that allows any site owner to create a “Dating” section to become a partner in the program and earn money.
All these dating services are extremely popular in many countries around the world. But, as we have already established, popularity is not a guarantee of successful dating. Sometimes you need to reconsider your priorities and think outside the box in order to achieve a result. Believe us, thousands of people do not turn to traditional marriage agencies to help them find their perfect match, when they could just register on a dating site.
We’d be the last to suggest you to go to a marriage agency. First, their services can be quite expensive. And secondly, this format for finding love is definitely not suitable for everyone. You don’t want someone else to pick the perfect match for you, do you?
Try to completely change your approach, abandoning classic web dating in favor of an alternative — random video chat. After all, video chat can not only replace the usual dating apps, but also make the search for a soulmate much more effective.
How random cam chat is changing the rules of the game in dating
Try to sum up in one word what the biggest difference is between a typical online dating service and a random camchat app? The answer: speed!
Yes, it’s speed that makes the difference, and this is why in recent years more and more people choose video chats over dating sites and applications.
Check out the facts
- Super-fast registration or none at all
- Flexible search settings — sometimes identical to dating apps
- Anonymity and confidentiality
- Freedom to chat with people round the world
- Free or very cheap functionality that you’d pay for in dating apps
Here are some of the most interesting random video chats, in our opinion:
- Chatous — an app that combines video cam chat and a useful messenger. A good choice for those who want not only to get acquainted, but also to chat easily.
- Videochat.Chat — an anonymous camchat service that will connect men exclusively with girls thanks to a unique gender filter. Plus a built-in message translator in videochat.chat/camchat make communication with foreign speakers extremely easy.
- Azar — an unusual webcam chat app where you can not only chat face to face, but also stream transmissions for many viewers. Not a bad choice for those who need more features in one application.
- Camsurf — a minimalist camchat with a gender filter and the useful ability to hide your location.
If you’ve not used video chat before, start with these sites. They really deserve your attention and can help you expand your circle of friends
There’s a dating site perfect for your life
Obviously, there’s no one dating site that can cover the entire list of requirements of every modern Internet user. And there are no universal rules for choosing a dating service. Everything is very individual. Some may very successfully use Tinder and Badoo, find the love of their lives and live happily ever after. And some have to constantly experiment, try new things, register in numerous dating apps and video chats over and over again, but without any special results.
Sometimes it’s good to stop for a while, take a breath, reconsider your own priorities and change your strategy for finding a soulmate. Sometimes only by taking a step back can you move forward. If you can’t find that perfect dating app or video chat, try stopping your search for a while. Take a look at the services we have listed. Perhaps one of them is exactly what you need. If they don’t fit, maybe it’s worth trying to find completely different formats for yourself? Give it a try — experimenting is a healthy part of dating.