There are plenty of leftists to choose from if we’re looking for idiotic analysis in the aftermath of Tuesday’s disastrous election loss by Virginia’s Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe; who coincidentally was our Knucklehead of the Week last Saturday. Stupidity abounds. But when we weigh the foolishness of the talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, and elsewhere, they pale in comparison to the irrepressible, the illustrious, the queen of knuckleheadedness… the one and only Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY).
Winner: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez cites “a fully 100 percent super-moderated campaign” as the reason for Terry McAuliffe going down in flames on Tuesday.
To be fair, and to avoid being fact-checked by some leftist and accused of “omitting context,” here is AOC’s comment in its entirety, “I know that Virginia was a huge bummer. And honestly, if anything, I think that the results show the limits of trying to run a fully 100% super-moderated campaign that does not excite, speak to or energize a progressive base.” So, there it is. Now let’s examine.
First, it’s worth noting the passion and commitment in AOC’s evaluation. According to AOC, McAuliffe didn’t just run a moderate campaign. And he didn’t just run a fully moderate campaign. No, no, no. Terry McAuliffe ran a fully, 100%, super-moderated campaign. Apparently, AOC thinks McAuliffe’s campaign was so moderate, it was almost conservative. [Shudder].
Therefore, let’s look at some of the McAuliffe Campaign’s key features leading up to Tuesday’s drubbing.
- When posed with the issue of Critical Race Theory being taught in Virginia’s public schools and the resulting backlash from parents directed at school boards, McAuliffe sounded like an authoritarian, radical leftist as he explained, “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”
- Like the good little socialist that he is, McAuliffe was all-in on President Biden’s outrageous plan for a $3.5 trillion spending binge (better known as Build Back Better) when he urged Congressional Democrats to, “Get in a room and get this figured out.”
- On an issue popular with the Marxists at Black Lives Matter – our criminal justice system – McAuliffe vowed to “reform a system that has disproportionately targeted and impacted Black and Brown Virginians for centuries.” And note the upper case “Bs” in the words ‘black’ and ‘brown.’
- McAuliffe’s campaign staff, along with some help from the clowns at The Lincoln Project, turned the volume up to eleven on their identity politics approach, going so far as to stage a hoax trying to depict Youngkin supporters as white supremacists. It may have backfired, but the intention of their effort was right in line with radical leftwing thinking.
Do any of those quotes or tactics sound moderate to you? Or, better yet, do they sound “fully, 100%, super-moderated?”
Terry McAuliffe, like most modern Democrats, has shifted dramatically to the left in recent years. He’s no longer the clever strategist who helped the Clintons establish their dynasty. He’s no longer the mastermind who laid the groundwork for Barack Obama’s emergence in the early-2000s. McAuliffe is just another race-baiting, lying, radical leftist trying to break this country apart and take money out of your pocket in the process. But that’s not enough for AOC. That’s just too super-moderated.
For AOC, and other radicals in the Democratic Party, dramatic lurches to the left like we’ve seen with Terry McAuliffe aren’t enough. Apparently, unless you’re preaching for the seizing of all assets from anyone wealthier than you, and the privatization of all industry, and beating the drum for her inane Green New Deal, and doing so while singing the Soviet National Anthem, you’re not progressive enough in the mind of AOC.
There are many lessons to be learned from Tuesday’s election results, but AOC’s assertion isn’t one of them. Terry McAuliffe didn’t lose because he wasn’t far enough to the left… far from it. McAuliffe lost because, among other things, his unrepentant leftism turned off large swaths of Virginia’s electorate; in historic numbers. And we shouldn’t assume AOC is simply trying to sugarcoat things, that’s not what’s at play with her comments here. There’s no doubt: AOC truly believes the reason McAuliffe lost was that he was too moderate. And it is for this reason that we can conclude, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a knucklehead.
Honorable Mention #1: Colin Kaepernick compares participating in the NFL combine to slavery.
Kaepernick’s comments were made as part of his Netflix special, “Colin in Black and White,” and included these words of wisdom, “Before they put you on the field, teams poke, prod and examine you, searching for any defect that might affect your performance. No boundary respected, no dignity left intact.” For the uninitiated, the NFL combine is an event where the top football prospects in the world converge on Indianapolis for their talents to be assessed. And while it should be unnecessary to call out Kaepernick’s ridiculousness, a few key points:
- Participation in the NFL combine is entirely voluntary, whereas slaves were held at the threat of death or bodily harm to themselves and their families.
- It is the dream of every football-playing youngster in the country to attend the NFL combine, whereas slavery was a complete nightmare for those who were enslaved.
- Successful NFL combine participants will be paid millions of dollars and will be financially set for life, whereas slaves were paid nothing and were considered property.
Other than those differences, and several others not listed here, slavery and playing in the NFL are almost identical.
Honorable Mention #2: Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm laughs hysterically when asked about her plan to address skyrocketing gasoline prices.
Don’t take my word for it, watch the video here. During an appearance on Bloomberg Television, Granholm was pressed on what her plan was to increase oil supply to alleviate skyrocketing gas prices across the country. Granholm then channeled her inner-Kamala Harris and started cracking up. Because it’s funny that Americans everywhere are watching their buying power shrink before their eyes. It’s funny when seniors have to sacrifice being able to pay for medication so they have enough money to buy gas to go to the supermarket. And it’s funny that middle-class families were doing just fine a year ago but are now struggling to make ends meet. It’s a riot, isn’t it? LOL.
Content syndicated from TheBlueStateConservative.com with permission.