- Monday, November 26 through Monday, January 7
- “Winter ONEderland” is a Magical Journey to the Top of One World Observatory featuring Family Friendly Displays, Dazzling Drinks and Dining Experiences, and Santa Visits from Opening to Christmas Eve
One World Observatory – the indoor observatory atop the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, One World Trade Center, today announced the second annual installation of Winter ONEderland: A Holiday Experience Above It All – a seasonal makeover that celebrates the city’s most brilliant season. The experience will open to the public on Monday, November 26, and run continuously through January 7. Tickets are on-sale now at oneworldobservatory.com.
The transformed Observatory drew over 300,000 guests during the holiday season in 2017. Returning for its second year, the family-friendly experience will be one of the many must-see seasonal attractions at the new World Trade Center.
“We couldn’t be more excited for our second holiday celebration here at One World Observatory,” said Keith Douglas, Managing Director, One World Observatory. “We are extremely proud to be one of the many seasonal destinations guests can enjoy in Lower Manhattan and are looking forward to spreading the holiday cheer.”
“Winter ONEderland: A Holiday Experience Above It All” will include:
- One World of Wonders – A multi-media experience where guests join Winter ONEderland mascot Ollie the Owl as he takes flight, journeying past the wonders of the world – both ancient and modern;
- Glacier Cave: Guests will wander through a magical underground winter grotto ornamented with crystals and icicles;
- Snowy SkyPod Journey – Visitors will delight in the thrill of snowfall while riding above New York City’s sparkling skyline in the fastest elevators in the Western Hemisphere;
- Giant Snow Globe – Visitors can marvel at a giant snow globe showcasing New York City’sfamous skyline, and enjoy the ultimate social media selfie moment;
- Santa’s Sleigh – Parents can reserve a time for kids to visit with Santa and ride with him in his sleigh over New York’s roof tops. Professional photographers will capture this once in a lifetime moment!
One World’s 101st floor bar and restaurant, ONE Mix and Dine, will offer small batch wines, local beers on draft, hand-crafted cocktails, and seasonally inspired festive fare along with the Observatory’s unparallel views. The themed holiday menu features the traditional Thanksgiving dish of turkey breast, crunchy potatoes, cranberry sauce, and turkey gravy.
Holiday cocktails will include the 5th Avenue, made with cinnamon infused whiskey and Irish cream, Winter in Central Park, a vanilla-infused vodka with white chocolate liqueur and peppermint and ONEderland Eggnog, a mix of premium cognac, a special liqueur blend and cinnamon.
To enhance each visit, guests will be able to take advantage of newly introduced ticket packages. Guests now have the option of adding a number of the Observatory’s exclusive accommodations at substantial cost savings.
- The COMBINATION TICKET includes: Priority Access featuring a high-speed security lane and front of the queue SkyPod elevator ascent and descent; One World Explorer™, a must have digital skyline guide that offers virtual helicopter tours to major city sights.
- The ALL-INCLUSIVE TICKET includes: A Flexible Entry Time, Priority Access, One World One World Explorer™ and a select beverage of choice at one of the view bars or the Observatory’s café.
- ONE Dine PRE-FIXE guests will feast on newly introduced pre-fixe menu packages, for the first time with Observatory Priority Access admission included. The program offers lunch (two courses) and dinner (three courses). As an add on to our Pre-Fixe Menu, we have our exclusive custom blended ONE Wines from Shinn Estates, perfect to pair with each course.
In addition to existing ticket packages, for groups of 6 or more, guests can explore group options which include special ticket rates and group happy hour selections.
Details and availability for all entry options are available on the Observatory website.
The Gallery at One World Observatory will offer commemorative holiday and seasonal merchandise, including popular ornaments, accessories, scarves and knit caps.
One World Observatory is in the heart of the new Downtown, the new World Trade Center – a dazzling 16-acre complex centered around the iconic Westfield Oculus and its over half a million square feet of shopping and dining featuring the Westfield Holiday Market and Eataly. Adjacent is Brookfield Place with its stunning Luminaries Winter Garden, Rink at Brookfield Place and popular restaurants. Getting to the Observatory is simpler than ever. The WTC Transportation Hub, Fulton Center and Brookfield Ferry Terminal, make the World Trade Center one of the most convenient districts to access in the city by ferry, PATH or subway. The newly opened 1 train station is immediately adjacent to the Observatory entrance.
Winter ONEderland at One World Observatory will be open daily from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM from Monday, November 26 through December 20, and beginning on December 21, the experience will be open from 8:00AM to 8:00PM (special hours on Tuesday, December 25 and Tuesday, January 1; early closing on Monday, December 24). Santa visits will be available through Christmas Eve and online reservations are recommended. Given demand during the holiday season, visitors are strongly encouraged to reserve tickets in advance online at www.oneworldobservatory.com.