This year is the organization’s 31stdemonstration in support of POW/MIA and Veterans’ Issues. Speakers for this year include John LeBoutillier, former Congressman New York’s 6th district; Robert Steele, Chief Enabling Officer of Earth Intelligence Network; Chris Noel, Actress; Anoop Pakash, Director of Retail Development HDMC and other supporters of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. and the POW/MIA issue. A lineup of celebrity entertainers is slated to provide a fitting musical tribute, including Rockie Lynne; Gordon Painter and Ben Mason.
Weekend Highlights include:
- Friday, May 25
- National Washington Cathedral “Blessing of the Bikes” – Massachusetts & Wisconsin Avenues, Washington, D.C. – 5 p.m.
- Candlelight vigil at the Vietnam Wall led by the Flame of Freedom which will lead the Gold Star mothers to honor and remember those who gave their lives in service to their country, and those who are still missing or held prisoner – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, May 26
- Harley-Davidson of Washington – 9407 Livingston Road, Fort Washington, MD – free barbeque 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- U.S. Navy Memorial wreath presentation – 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest Washington, DC (On the Plaza) – 11 a.m.
- Rolling Thunder Hospitality Room – Hyatt Regency, Crystal City – 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 27
- Rolling Thunder®, Inc. Demonstration – leaves Pentagon North Parking Lot at noon
- Program of speakers and Musical Tribute to Veterans at the stage in front of the Reflecting Pool facing the Lincoln Memorial from 1:30 – 5 p.m.
The Rolling Thunder®, Inc. Flame of Freedom will also be transported via motorcycle escorted by Chapter 5 from Naples, FL with ceremonies in Kingsland, GA and Richmond, VA arriving in Washington, D.C. May 24, 2018. The Flame will be used at the Candlelight Vigil to lead Gold Star mothers as they walk along the Vietnam Wall during the May 25th candlelight remembrance. For more information: rtflameoffreedom.com
Here’s some video from a previous Rolling Thunder: