In The News

Bomb Cyclone Leaves 7 Dead, 1.2 Million Without Power

https://dailycaller.com/

 

by Michael Bastasch

The “bomb cyclone” slamming the northeastern U.S. has left more than 1.2 million people without power and, so far, been blamed for at least 7 deaths.

Federal and state officials have warned residents to stay indoors and wait out the storm. It will likely take crews several days to restore power to many areas hit by the storm, the biggest since January’s “bomb cyclone.”

Millions more from Cape Cod to Long Island are still under a coastal flooding warning as big waves crashed against the Atlantic coast, causing beach erosion and property damage. The National Weather Service predicts several more days of rain and snow before another storm hits on Wednesday.

ABC 7 New York showed footage of high tide flooding in Long Island’s South Shore. Quincy, a city just south of Boston, saw rough surf and high-tide flooding as well, according to WCVB.

Weather Channel meteorologist Greg Diamond said hurricane force winds knocked down trees, damaging cars and homes. All seven people reported dead during the storm were killed by falling trees, ABC News reported.

Weather.us meteorologist Ryan Maue noted that areas west of Albany, New York got more than 3.5 feet of snow in the last three days.

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/969946579032559618

Meteorologist Greg Postrel said we can expect 40-foot waves to continue through the night, bringing more threatening surf to beach towns.

 

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Support Conservative Daily News with a small donation via Paypal or credit card that will go towards supporting the news and commentary you've come to appreciate.

Related Articles

Back to top button