The economy is more unstable than we would like to think and it is always good to have some money saved since you never know what the future holds. Frugality can be a positive trait that will help you, whether you are a young adult or an elder person.
Discounts are one of the best ways to save money, and the senior discount is the most well-known ones. There should be discounts for everything, from food to entertainment or car rentals. Senior discounts are nothing to be ashamed of and you should take advantage of them since it is not wise to miss an opportunity like that. Thanks to the Internet, finding coupons and discounts has never been easier. Sites like Couponbuffer can always help you find the best deals and you can search for the products you are interested.
If you ever feel guilty about your discount think about all the money that you could save. That money can then be used for better purposes. Whether you decide to help a relative through college, donate them to a good cause or simply spend them for yourself, having a sum of money is always helpful.
Restaurants that offer discounts
Many restaurants offer discounts, including fast food and sit down ones. Here are some of them:
- Burger King offers 10 % off for persons over 60.
- Captain D’s Seafood has its Happy Wednesday Offer that allows you to get 8 meals at $4.99 or less as long as you are over 62.
- IHOP has a senior menu for persons over 55.
- KFC offers you a small drink for free if you are 55 or older.
- McDonald’s has discounts on coffee for people over 55.
- Outback Steakhouse gives you 15 % off if you have an AARP membership.
- Dunkin’ Donuts gives a free doughnut with a large or extra-large coffee to AARP members. The offer varies by location.
Grocery stores that offer discounts
If you are looking to get some fresh ingredients for yourself and your family, then grocery stores are the best options. Luckily for you, many of them offer some discounts:
- Albertson’s offers you 10 % off the first Wednesday of the month as long as you are older than 55 years.
- Great Value Food Store gives 5 % off every Tuesday for persons who are sixty years old or older.
- Morton Williams Supermarket: 5 % off every Tuesday for everyone older than 60.
- Publix has 5 % off every Wednesday for people who are 60 or older. However, that offer is available only in certain regions such as South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, parts of Alabama, and North Carolina
- Rogers Marketplace offers 5 % off every Thursday for people who are 60 and older.
- SuperFresh gives 5 % off every Thursday for every person who is older than 55 and has $30+ of groceries.
Pharmacies that offer discounts
Medicine is very important for elder people, and luckily for you there are many drugstores who offer senior discounts:
- More than 64 000 pharmacies across America accept AARP discounts.
- Target has its Target Prescription Savings Program that offers 10 to 50 % off any prescriptions.
- Costco offers the Costco Member Prescription Program for persons who do not have insurance coverage and the program provides savings of 2 to 40 %.
- Rite Aid has the Rite Aid Rx Savings Program that gives more than 15 % for generic and brand-name prescriptions.