Grocer ALDI has voluntarily recalled an assortment of apples that were available for purchase in stores starting on December 13, 2017, due to possible Listeria contamination.
The potentially affected products were sold in a limited number of ALDI stores located in Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina, North Carolina and in the Atlanta area through the company’s partnership with Instacart, a grocery delivery service.. The following product types and UPC codes are impacted by this recall:
- Fuji Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383087139
- Gala Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383086897
- Golden Apples, 3 lb. bag, UPC code: 033383081175
- Honeycrisp Apples, 2 lb. bag, UPC code: 079954000015
- Honeycrisp Apples, unpackaged, PLU sticker: 3283
No illnesses related to these products have been reported and no other ALDI products are affected by this recall.
Customers who have questions about this recall may contact Jack Brown Produce Inc. at 616-887-9568, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.