Fired FBI Director Jamey’s Comey has been characterized as a hero by liberal media, pundits, and politicians in recent days. The media has proclaimed Mr.Comey as the poster child, the star actor one may say in leading their battle to derail President Trump. To them, Comey is a law-abiding hero simply trying to hold President Trump accountable. A simple question remains unanswered, however, how credible really is James Comey? Well, let’s break it down. An article published by conservative news outlet
The media has proclaimed Mr.Comey their champion leading the battle to derail President Trump. To them, Comey is a law-abiding hero simply trying to hold President Trump accountable. A simple question remains unanswered – how credible is James Comey? Well, let’s break it down. An article published by conservative news outlet Breitbart laid out several major problems with James Comey’s credibility.
- Comey repeatedly failed to seek the recusal of Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch from the Hillary Clinton email probe despite his reported concerns about her partiality.
- Comey violated FBI tradition, bypassed the Justice Department and went rogue on several occasions in a manner that clearly impacted the 2016 presidential election.
- Comey made legal pronouncements about Clinton’s email case.
- Comey reportedly allowed Lynch to persuade him into publicly minimizing the FBI’s criminal investigation into Clinton’s email server.
- Comey was accused of mischaracterizing Huma Abedin’s role regarding emails found by the FBI on Anthony Weiner’s laptop.
- Comey reportedly allowed the Obama administration to “shut down” a request to publicize the Russia probe last summer, raising questions about political motives.
Breitbart clearly and concisely laid out the case that speaks for itself, James Comey has some serious credibility issues. However, you won’t hear this from the mainstream media. No way. Their busy publishing stories that defend Mr. Comey and his credibility. Here are a few examples.
The manner in which Mr.Comey handled anything in matters related to President Trump is troubling. For example, Mr.Comey said he never took memos while serving under President Bush nor President Obama. Well, then why take them now? Mr. Comey states the reason for creating these memos was he felt President Trump may lie about their conversations. Why would Mr.Comey believe that? What reasons would he have to believe that?
A more pressing question that requires an answer is this. Why didn’t Mr. Comey write a memo about Bill Clinton meeting the Attorney General Lynch on the tarmac? If an honest and meaningful investigation was his intentions, it seems as if any reasonable prosecutor would’ve handled that differently. For someone so concerned about the integrity of investigations, you would think he would take a more transparent course of action. But then again What do I know?
To stay up to date with my news, find me on twitter here.