President Donald Trump has only one publicly scheduled event on Memorial Day. He will participate in the annual wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on the grounds of the Arlington National Cemetary at 11:00 AM eastern time. The ceremony is an Armed Forces Full Honors tribute to fallen service members. The wreath-laying will be followed by an observance program hosted by the Department of Defense in the Memorial Amphitheater.
Both the wreath-laying ceremony and the observance program are free and open to the general public. No tickets are needed to attend these events. Space is limited to standing room only for the wreath-laying ceremony and seating is available on a first come, first-served basis in the amphitheater. Attendees are encouraged to be at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier or seated in the amphitheater by 9:30 a.m.
Note: Attendees will be required to pass through a security checkpoint to gain access to the cemetery and the ceremony. Prohibited items include:
- Large bags or backpacks
- Firearms and weapons of any type
- Laser pointers
- Aerosol containers
- Soda cans
- Picnic baskets
- Screwdrivers (or similar tools)
- Air horns
- Personal protection sprays
- Insulated beverage containers
Clear plastic water bottles are permitted.
President Trump’s schedule for Monday, 5-29-17
- 10:35 AM Depart the White House for Arlington, Virginia – South Portico
- 10:55 AM Delivers remarks at a wreath-laying ceremony – Arlington National Cemetery
- 12:10 PM Arrives at the White House – South Portico