President Donald Trump will begin his official schedule with the presidential daily briefing from the intelligence community.
The president will then meet with small and community banks. The president has voiced a desire to pull back Dodd-Frank regulations that overburden smaller banks making it difficult for them to compete with the giant mega-banks.
President Trump will have lunch with legislators and staff while discussing the federal budget.
The president will begin the afternoon by meeting with former Secretary of Commerce Pete Peterson. The purpose hasn’t been announced, but on Wednesday Mexico had to expire Sugar permits due to commerce department staffing issues.
President Trump’s mid-afternoon meeting with DHS Secretary Kelly and CIA Director Pompeo may be his most intense after the CIA had its entire cyber-warfare arsenal stolen and laid bare on the web by WikiLeaks.
The president will then speak to members of the Senate Youth Program in the oval office.
President Trump will end the day bowling and eating pizza with members of congress to discuss The American Health Care Act.
President Donald Trump’s Schedule for Thursday, 3/9/17
- 10:30 AM Receive his daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
- 11:00 AM Lead a listening session with CEOs of small and community banks – Roosevelt Room
- 12:30 PM Legislative affairs lunch regarding the Federal budget – Roosevelt Room
- 2:00 PM Meet with former Secretary of Commerce Pete Peterson – Oval Office
- 3:00 PM Meet with Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly and Director of the CIA Mike Pompeo – Oval Office
- 4:00 PM Deliver remarks to the Senate Youth Program – East Room
- TBD Bowling and Pizza with members of congress to discuss American Health Care Act