Oratory, promises, statements, pleas for acceptance. Obama has worn his heart on his sleeve, much like the liberals that slaughter the rear-end of their automobiles with stickers to espouse their love for the killing of the unborn, the forcing of the will of the government on us all and whatever new oppressive piece of false-front selfishness shows up on the Huffington Post or Daily KOS.
In re-reading Obama’s innaguration speech, I find many statements about the things Mr. Obama thought we must do and I ask, if we should have been doing these things since January of ’09, why aren’t we?
“We come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises”, Obama says. His administration has expended great amounts of energy airing its grievances against the Chamber of Commerce, the wealthy, corporations, the Tea Party, Conservatives.. seriously, petty? We heard that the stimulus would prevent unemployment above 8%, that we wouldn’t have lobbyists in the administration, that an open hand would positively affect our international relations with the likes of Iran and North Korea; that we would have a less-partisan Washington, well.. why don’t we?
“We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories. And we will transform our schools and colleges and universities to meet the demands of a new age”. The odd thing on greenish stuff is that it’s not the GOP slowing Obama down, it’s his own party. Eco-freaks are filing expensive law suits to prevent the building of wind and solar farms. If wind is so great, why are progressives fighting it? If GM’s Volt is the answer to our foreign oil dependence, why isn’t anyone buying them? If we are supposed to be building up a successful economic sector around green jobs – why aren’t we?
“The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small..” Obama got this one right – this isn’t a question, we know the answer – it’s too big and getting bigger. Obama’s new budget will increase the national debt by $7.2 TRILLION over the next decade. Obama even made a campaign promise to cut the deficit in half within his first term. Well, Mr President, why aren’t you?
“And those of us who manage the public’s dollars will be held to account, to spend wisely, reform bad habits, and do our business in the light of day..” Just pointing out all the falsehoods here would take a book.. dems fighting the Senators that want to fight raising the debt ceiling, the lack of transparency (no posting bills online, backroom meetings without C-SPAN, recess appointments for critical administartion officials .. one could go on) – If we were to spend wisely and do our business in the light of day- why aren’t we?
“..and so, to all other peoples and governments who are watching today, from the grandest capitals to the small village where my father was born: know that America is a friend of each nation and every man, woman and child who seeks a future of peace and dignity” – unless you were Egyptian in the early days of the January 25th revolution or of course, Israeli.
“We will not apologize for our way of life nor will we waver in its defense..” – Obama, you’ve apologized for everything under the sun, including STDs in Guatamala .. 70 years ago. As far as defense, isn’t the Commander-in-Chief (a term I use lightly) more concerned with the potlical perspective of what happens in Afghanistan than completing the mission? How long did the Afghanistan surge approval take for Obama to give once the generals had recommended it?
“To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history” of course, unless you are a Democrat. Anyone remember the Black Panther DOJ mess? Yeah, the White house surely doesn’t want to. Obama’s infamous line, “let me be clear..” is often followed by some cocky slight of Conservative values and supported by policies like Net Neutrality and the Fairness Doctrine that seek to quiet those who disagree with the progressive agenda.
Obama also said: “The challenges we face are real.. They will be met”, although Obama has said that he feels that 70% of his objectives have been met .. the rest of the American population is left feeling that we aren’t meeting any challenges and are wincing at the thought of what the remaining 30% will do to the country.
I’ll leave you with a quote from George Washington:
“Let it be told to the future world that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive, that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet it.”
This one – great American Conservatives are taking care for you – well not really for you.
Bring on 2012.Wake up Right! Subscribe to our Morning Briefing and get the news delivered to your inbox before breakfast!