In The News
HR 5 The New House Rules under Speaker Boehner
The new House Rules are published. If you’re up for the 34 page read, the full text is here, otherwise, here’s a quick breakdown of the important stuff:
- All bills and joint resolutions must cite the specific powers granted to Congress in the Constitution that allow the enactment of the legislation
- Legislation has to be available to members, delegates and the Resident Commissioner for three days before a vote
- Requires the establishment of standards to make documents publicly available in electronic form
- Recording of committee votes on rules
- “..include proposals to cut or eliminate programs, including mandatory spending programs, that are inefficient, duplicative, outdated, or more appropriately administered by State or local governments”
- Locks down the Highway Trust Fund so that it can only be used for those purposes for which the fund was established
- Forces a vote on specific budget bills and amendments – no more omnibus spending crap
- Slows down the process for “future appropriations” and adds significant accountability and specificity
- Requires the reading of the Constitution on January 6th
It appears that transparency, cost reduction and accountability are the order of the day.
Support Conservative Daily News with a small donation via Paypal or credit card that will go towards supporting the news and commentary you've come to appreciate.