On a regular basis, we receive comments and feedback from readers questioning the wisdom of not honoring President Joseph R. Biden as that week’s top knucklehead. Our responses generally include some variation of this statement: We could justify Biden being KOTW every week, but we have to change things up a bit. However, there are other weeks in which Biden outdoes himself by putting on such an impressive display of buffoonery that we simply can’t ignore him. Such was the case this week.
Winner: Joe Biden’s presidency is disintegrating before our eyes, but the president is clueless as ever.
It’s difficult to believe that Joe Biden is still five days short of his first full year in office. He’s inflicted more damage on our country in 51 weeks than most Democratic presidents achieve in an entire term. But as poorly as his first year has gone, and as many bad weeks as Mr. Biden has had, this past week ranks at or near the top when it comes to incompetence and inanity. And it’s all due to his knuckleheadedness.
To properly frame Biden’s ineptitude, we must first detail the laundry list of devastating news which hit him this week, all for which he deserves full credit/blame. On Wednesday we learned that inflation last month reached the highest level in forty years hitting 7%. On Thursday, Senators Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) destroyed any hopes of Biden’s dream to abolish the filibuster by dismissing the idea outright. That same day, the Supreme Court shut down his unconstitutional vaccine mandates. And, of course, COVID cases across the country skyrocketed this week in red, blue, and purple states, even though Biden’s promise to “shut down the virus” was a key part of his election campaign.
Again, Biden is fully responsible for each of these devastating news items, but now let’s look at some the Biden idiocy that accompanied his hellish week:
- Regarding the aforementioned ballooning inflation rate, Biden explained on Wednesday, “Today’s report—which shows a meaningful reduction in headline inflation over last month, with gas prices and food prices falling—demonstrates that we are making progress in slowing the rate of price increases.” No, Joe, no it doesn’t. It shows that your economic policies are a disaster and when you try to claim otherwise you look like a fool.
- Former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacy Abrams declined to accompany Biden to a rally in the Peach State on Tuesday in which he tried to pump up his party’s racist “voting rights bill.” When a failed candidate like Abrams blows you off, you know there are some deep-rooted problems.
- During that same speech in Atlanta on Tuesday, Biden once again referred to Vice-President Kamala Harris as the president. This so-called ‘gaffe’ is occurring so frequently, we have to wonder if it’s more than just a Freudian slip. Does Biden even know he’s the one calling the shots?
- Also during that Georgia speech, Biden reverted to his old “everyone I don’t like is racist” routine, throwing out this incredible piece of rhetoric, “Do you want to be on the side of Dr. King, or George Wallace? Do you want to be on the side of John Lewis or Bull Connor? Do you want to be on the side of Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis?” Biden was implying, obviously, that unless you support the Democrats’ plan for the federal takeover of elections and their eradication of any voter integrity measures, you’re as bigoted as George Wallace (who was a Democrat, by the way).
- On Wednesday, Biden’s approval rating fell all the way to 33%, an astonishingly low number. It’s almost incomprehensible to achieve poll results where two-thirds of the country doesn’t approve of your job performance when we have a mainstream media that gushes over every word you speak and tells us that your farts smell like strawberries. It takes some serious incompetence to make that happen.
- And finally, we couldn’t have a week go by without our esteemed president making another wild claim, this time asserting that he was once arrested in his younger days during a civil rights march. Even the Washington Post gave him four Pinocchios for this one. We can only assume that this alleged arrest happened sometime between being awarded the Medal of Honor for trying to help Bubba and his other friends get out of that jungle and then appearing on the Dick Cavett show with John Lennon.
President Biden had a bad week, and such slumps happen to every president. It ain’t easy being the leader of the free world. But the horrible news that bombarded the president was due to his decisions and previous outlandish claims. They were the result of Biden promising to do things that are impossible, his embrace of radical leftist policies, and his insistence on telling tall tales. Biden’s week was so brutal because Biden is an absolute knucklehead.
Honorable Mention #1: MSNBC contributor calls the GOP “a front for a terrorist movement.”
His name is Jason Johnson, and his direct quote was as follows, “I’m working hard to never say ‘Republican Party’ again because it’s not a party. They’re Sinn Féin to the IRA. They’re the PLO to Hamas. They are a dime storefront for a terrorist movement.” Let’s set aside the ridiculousness of his claim for a second, along with this insistence by radical leftists to overplay their hands while diluting the actual meaning of words like ‘racist,’ ‘misogynist,’ and ‘terrorist.’ When one makes such an assertion with zero evidence, they expose their ignorance. Instead, let’s consider the silliness of the strategy.
More Americans are registered as Republicans than Democrats. Quite literally, tens of millions of us proudly affiliate with the GOP and outnumber Democrats 31% to 27%. Therefore, this obvious question begs to be asked: Do you really think you’re helping your cause by alienating 31% of the country by saying something so idiotic?
Honorable Mention #2: South Dakota schoolteacher is facing charges after his pot brownies were mistakenly served to senior citizens by his mother during a card game.
Apparently, Michael Koranda left the brownies on the counter and his mother took them to the senior center by mistake. One minute the old-timers were playing pinochle, the next minute they’re chowing down potato chips, asking for someone to put on some Jimi Hendrix tunes, and discussing whether or not trees dream.
We could speculate on why Koranda is 46 years old and still lives with his mother, but maybe this story’s headline already answers that question. More importantly, why would a grown man, who’s a schoolteacher no less, think it’s a good idea to make the brownies in the first place and allow such a situation to happen? How about a little discretion, genius? We can’t help but wonder about the reaction of his students to the news. “Yup, that’s right! That’s my teacher!”
P.F. Whalen is a conservative author at TheBlueStateConservative.com. His work has appeared in multiple publications, including Human Events, the Western Journal, and American Thinker. Follow him on Parler and GETTR; he does not do Facebook and Twitter.
Content syndicated from TheBlueStateConservative.com with permission.