As of 11/13/2020, Joe Biden has 280 electoral votes even with Georgia and Wisconsin expected to hold recounts. Even if the recounts go against Biden, he still has the votes to win.
There are a significant number of legal challenges that may impact some number of votes. This post will be updated if a court decision has enough impact to affect the result.
How CDN Called States:
This results analysis was done at the county/precinct level in each state in order to forecast a winner. To avoid pre-conceptions tilting the forecast:
- No state was be called before a statistically-significant number of votes have been counted. Depending on which precincts report, a “call” may come sooner or later
- No state was called purely on its historical voting record
- Due to the closeness of several states, no states were called after 11/4 where the margin of victory is less than the recount minimum (1% in most states, .5% and .1% in others) until a recount is complete or the vote is certified by the state.
Follow real-time updates on Twitter:
2020 Presidential Election Results (11/13 – 6 PM EST)
*Yellow indicates states where recount effort has been announced, requested or is in-progress.
States Last to be Called
|State||Biden||Trump||% Vote Counted|
|Arizona||49.4% (1,670,260)||49.1 (1,659,274)||99%|
|Georgia||49.5% (2,472,182)||49.2% (2,458,010)||99%|
|North Carolina||48.6% (2,681,124)||50.0% (2,754,822)||99%|
|Pennsylvania||49.8% (3,412,806)||48.9% (3,349,801)||99%|
News Affecting the Results:
- Georgia’s Secretary of State announced Friday that his state would hold a recount – confirmed 11/11/20 – Georgia will hold a full hand recount.
- The Trump campaign announced that it will request a recount in Wisconsin once the count is complete.
- North Carolina announced on 11/4 that they would not count any additional votes until 11/12 – *update*, now they will only hold the count for about 117,000 mail-in ballots. *update* NC called on 11/11/20 – Trump wins NC
- Nevada Announced on 11/4 that no counting would take place on 11/5 due to an “administrative day”
- Pennsylvania called 11/11 for Biden – there are not enough votes outstanding in Trump precincts to overcome the deficit
- Trump campaign has filed suits in Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania based on sworn affidavits by witnesses to alleged election fraud
Content created by Conservative Daily News and some content syndicated through CDN is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements.