Fox News has once again finished a week as the as cable TV’s most-watched network in both primetime and across the day, a feat it has continually accomplished for 31 consecutive weeks.
In cable news showings from August 6 – August 12, FNC’s daytime and primetime lineup outranked its competition, CNN, and MSNBC, in primetime and total day for both categories.
In total day, FNC averaged 1.3 million in total viewers and 245,000 in the 25-54 demographic. Additionally, in primetime, FOX News marked 11 consecutive weeks as the most-watched network, with nearly 2.2 million in total viewers and 390,000 in the 25-54 demo from August 6 – August 12 according to Nielsen Media Research.
Per Nielsen data, FNC boasts 17 of the top 30 telecasts overall in total views, including presentations of Hannity, The Ingraham Angle, Tucker Carlson Tonight, The Five and Special Report with Bret Baier.
However, The good news for the network did not stop there. Hannity was also the most-watched basic cable program and occupied four of the top ten spots.
Further, The Ingraham Angle, which is hosted by Laura Ingraham, dominated its timeslot in total viewers, in addition to beating CNN programming by 25% and MSNBC by 20% in the 25-54 demo. Ingraham’s big-time performance came after backlash over her recent comments on immigration last Wednesday on her show.
Additionally, MediaBuzz hosted by Howard Kurtz was the most-watched cable news program on Sunday, averaging 1.3 million total viewers.
Below you can find the cable ratings for the week August 6 – August 12 per Nielsen Data:
Week of August 6 – August 12
Basic Cable Top 5 – Primetime (P2+)
- FNC (2,181,000)
- MSNBC (1,753,000)
- HGTV (1,331,000)
- USA (1,248,000)
- HISTORY (1,063,000)
Basic Cable Top 5 – Total Day (P2+)
- FNC (1,281,000)
- NICK (1,016,000)
- MSNBC (983,000)
- HGTV (756,000)
- INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY (694,000)
Cable News Rankings (P2+)
- FNC ranked #1 in primetime (2,181,000 P2+) and #1 in total day (1,281,000 P2+)
- CNN ranked #7 in primetime (992,000 P2+) and #6 in total day (674,000 P2+)
- MSNBC ranked #2 in primetime (1,753,000 P2+) and #3 in total day (983,000 P2+)
Cable News Ratings (A25-54)
- FNC – Primetime (390,000) and Total Day (245,000)
- CNN – Primetime (322,000) and Total Day (199,000)
- MSNBC – Primetime (329,000) and Total Day (185,000)
- FNC’s The Ingraham Angle – 2,388,000 P2+; 454,000 A25-54
- CNN’s CNN Tonight & Cuomo Primetime – 1,124,000 P2+; 364,000 A25-54
- MSNBC’s Last Word w/ Lawrence O’Donnell – 2,086,000 P2+; 377,000 A25-54