The news behind the news on the president, administration and everything that happens in the White House is always in … The White House Daily Chronicles.
note: this post is updated throughout the day as events warrant
See all of the daily White House Daily Chronicles HERE.
Presidential Itinerary – the details
See all of the president’s daily schedules HERE.
Trump’s Tweets (newest to oldest)
The U.S. has put together a STRONG bid w/ Canada & Mexico for the 2026 World Cup. It would be a shame if countries that we always support were to lobby against the U.S. bid. Why should we be supporting these countries when they don’t support us (including at the United Nations)?
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 26, 2018(Article Continues Below Advertisement)Sponsored Content
Loved being on @foxandfriends this morning. Great show!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 26, 2018
- The White House released a statement highlighting immigration law loopholes that allow criminal aliens to stay in the country [read]
Statement from the Press Secretary on the Inter-Korean Summit
On the occasion of Republic of Korea President Moon Jae-ins historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, we wish the Korean people well. We are hopeful that talks will achieve progress toward a future of peace and prosperity for the entire Korean Peninsula. The United States appreciates the close coordination with our ally, the Republic of Korea, and looks forward to continuing robust discussions in preparation for the planned meeting between President Donald J. Trump and Kim Jong Un in the coming weeks.
The president released a statement on the Confirmation of Mike Pompeo as Secretary of State
I am pleased with the Senates confirmation of Mike Pompeo to serve as our countrys top diplomat. Having a patriot of Mikes immense talent, energy, and intellect leading the Department of State will be an incredible asset for our country at this critical time in history. He will always put the interests of America first. He has my trust. He has my support. Today, he has my congratulations on becoming Americas 70th Secretary of State.
- Issued an executive memo that allows some John F. Kennedy assassination information to continue to be kept from the public [full text]
- Issued a proclamation making April 26 World Intellectual Property Day [full text]
- Approved federal disaster declarations for Kentucky and Alabama
Executive Branch Nominations/Designations
- John Lowry III, of Illinois, to be Assistant Secretary of Labor for Veterans’ Employment and Training, vice Michael Herman Michaud
- James A. Reeder of Tennessee, to be a member of the Mississippi River Commission for a term of nine years
- A.J. Hicks of Nevada, to be a non-voting member of the Governing Board of the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
Communications with Heads of State and State Officials (readouts often come the day after the conversation)
noneWake up Right! Subscribe to our Morning Briefing and get the news delivered to your inbox before breakfast!