President Trump’s Schedule for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017
President Donald Trump will start his Tuesday by receiving the presidential daily briefing in the Oval Office before meeting with the National Association of Attorneys General in the East Room.
The president will then have lunch with members of the press.
The bulk of the afternoon will consist of the signing of two bills and two executive orders.
The first bill is H.R. 321 – Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers, and Explorers (INSPIRE) Women Act
(Sec. 3) This bill directs the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to encourage women and girls to study science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), pursue careers in aerospace, and further advance the nation’s space science and exploration efforts through support of the following initiatives:
- NASA GIRLS and NASA BOYS;
- Aspire to Inspire; and
- Summer Institute in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Research.
(Sec. 4) NASA shall submit to Congress a specified plan on how NASA can best facilitate and support both current and retired astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators, including early career female astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators, to engage with K-12 female STEM students and inspire the next generation of women to consider participating in STEM fields and to pursue careers in aerospace.
The second bill that President Trump will sign is H.R. 255 – Promoting Women in Entrepreneurship Act
(Sec. 3) This bill amends the Science and Engineering Equal Opportunities Act to authorize the National Science Foundation to encourage its entrepreneurial programs to recruit and support women to extend their focus beyond the laboratory and into the commercial world.
The WOTUS executive order will roll back onerous Obama-era regulations that have crippled the coal industry and put a large swath of working-class Americans out of work.
The president will then sign an executive order to assist Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU’s.) The administrative direction of the HBCU is unknown, but in his weekly address on Saturday, Trump said that he wanted “honor and promote the achievements” of HBCUs: “They are not given the credit that they deserve, and they are going to start getting that credit.”
After several signing ceremonies, the president will meet with guests that will be attending his address to the joint session of congress.
The evening will be a long-awaited affair – President Donald Trump will address a joint session of Congress where he is expected to detail his plans to repeal and replace Obamacare which should provide real leadership to congress so that they can finally fulfill the promise they’ve been making to the American people for over 7 years.
President Donald Trump’s Schedule for Tuesday, 2-28-17
- 10:30 AM Receive the daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
- 11:00 AM Meet with the National Association of Attorneys General – East Room
- 12:30 PM Lunch with members of the press – State Dining Room
- 1:30 PM Sign H.R. 321 and H.R. 255 – Oval Office
- 1:50 PM Sign the Waters of the U.S. (WOTUS) Executive Order – Roosevelt Room
- 2:10 PM Sign the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Executive Order – Oval Office
- 2:45 PM Visit with guests attending the president’s first address to the Joint Session of Congress – Oval Office
- 8:30 PM Depart the White House en route to the U.S. Capitol – South Portico
- 9:10 PM Address a Joint Session of Congress – U.S. Capitol
- 10:30 PM Departs the U.S. Capitol returning to the White House