Obama no longer wishes that the White House Office of Administration be subjected to public or media scrutiny. By shielding that office from FOIA requests, the President is closing the door that many media agencies (including this one) rely on to expose their activities to the light of day.
According the White House website, the Office of Administration performs these activities:
- Office of the Director provides leadership, sets priorities, and develops policies.
- Office of the Chief Administrative Officer provides human resource management, design and communication services, personnel security, and employee learning and development support.
- Office of the Chief Financial Officer provides financial, accounting, travel, and procurement services.
- Office of the Chief Information Officer is responsible for information technology, IT security, and records management.
- Office of the Chief Operations Services oversees the operational activities that maintain and run the physical and logistical aspects of the EOP complex.
- Office of the General Counsel provides legal support.
- Office of Equal Employment Opportunity is responsible for promoting equal employment opportunity and diversity.
The question every American should be asking (while they are still allowed to) is WHY?