The Man Who Would Be King
King: This is a form of government in which a state or polity is ruled or controlled by an individual.
That is the definition of a king. It has become clear to me that there is a politician in this country, (at least one that I have noticed) that considers himself a king, or at least he is trying to become one. This politician is just one recent example of what politicians think their jobs should be. This politician thinks it is his purpose in life to tell us how to run our lives, only he knows what is best for us, people are too stupid to run their own lives, so they must be told what to do.
This politician who would be a king, is the Mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg. Here is a man who was elected to serve the people, not rule the people. The people of New York City should have known that he wanted to wear a crown when he strong armed the city into overturning a two term limit for Mayor, and allowing him to run for a third term. In case you do not know, Mr. Bloomberg is a Billionaire, it is my guess he spread some of that cash around in order to get that law passed, but that is only speculation on my part.
Here are some of his so-called accomplishments:
- He instituted on putting in bike lanes around the city, which by the way a majority of the people did not want. However, that mattered little to Mr. Bloomberg, because that is what he wanted. I was born and raised in New York City, the traffic is brutal, the last thing you need is bike lanes that just adds to the congestion.
- He passed a law that prohibits smoking in bars and restaurants. Now on the surface you might think that is a good thing, we all know smoking is not good for you. However, what happened to a free country and choice, a person should be able to run their business the way they want. All they should be required to do is put up a sign that says, this is a smokers bar, if you come in, don’t complain, let the people choose, not his highness. Oh yea, you are also not allowed to smoke in parks or at the beach.
- He passed a law telling restaurants what kind of oil they have to use for cooking. Once again where is the choice here? Chefs know how to cook, let them use what they think is best, but Mr. Bloomberg knows best. Oh yea, you cannot have real butter on your buttered popcorn at the movies either.
- Now his highness wants to ban sodas over 16 ounces because he says sugar is bad for us and that too many people are overweight and we are not smart enough to decide for ourselves what size we should drink. By the way, on the day he proposed this, he also celebrated National Doughnut Day by eating a doughnut. Makes sense to you?
- His Highness also knows what is better for a baby then the baby’s mother, Formula is not good for babies, mothers should breast feed, it is better for the baby. He wants all hospitals to put baby formula under lock and key, with the hopes the mother will see the light and choose breast-feeding over formula. Once again, he knows what is best for babies, not the mother.
- Do you think that a doctor and the hospitals know what is best for their patients? Not according to Mr. Bloomberg, now he is trying to tell hospitals how much pain medication they should keep at the hospital and how doctors should prescribe them. What about the people who are in pain when the hospital runs out of medication? Bloomberg says, let them deal with it.
What is wrong with politicians today, why is it they have this holier than thou attitude when they get into office, thinking that they know what is best for all people. There is one other politician I can think of that thinks he is a king, and he is sitting in the White House. The nanny state is alive and well in New York City.
What has happened to choice and freedom?
This is one man’s opinion.
OK, Chris, you got me! I thought for sure you meant “you know who”. I’ve often refered to ‘that one’ as the little boy who would be king. I do agree that Bloomberg has cranked up his dosage of steroids but not sure “you know who” won’t cut off or limit his supply. After all, there can only be one ‘king’. Let’s put the gladiators in the arena & let them fight to the death (for entertainment purposes only) The one left standing will be rewarded with a padded cell (not a phone)..Texas looks better & better..lol
Hi Jan, You know who is neck and neck with Bloomberg in the race to be King. If you notice I added you know who at the end of the article.
Aw shucks, it’s great when two minds meet. Just imagine what would be if we lassoed all the talking heads, bobble heads, air heads, meatheads, dopeheads together & pulled the rope tight…ah forget it, ain’ no rope that long.