“I saved you, ” cried the woman
“And you’ve bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I’m going to die”
“Oh shut up, silly woman, ” said the reptile with a grin
“You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in”
From “The Snake” by Oscar Brown Jr. performed by Al Wilson
When he was holding his rallies Trump frequently read a poem from the 60’s called The Snake about a young girl who finds a snake freezing in the cold and dying. She brings the snake home and brings it back to health where upon the snake bites her and she dies. The snake replies, “You knew I was a snake before you took me in.”THE SNAKE- Narrated By Donald Trump (VIDEO) going Viral Worldwide…Poem Mirro
Trump used the story to warn about the massive influx of illeglas who were coming in here and not being checked. The same could apply to Mitt Romney as a potential pick for Trump’s secretary of state. During the campaign Romney called Trump a phony, fake, sexist, huckster, fraud and other nefarious names and now Trump seems to be courting him as well as Senator Bob Corker for Secretary of State. Sen. Bob Corker still in mix for secretary of State., There are other more suitable applicants now and I hope Trump chooses among the others and not Romney or Corker.
Talk show host Rush Limbaugh sees it as Donald telling Romney that he now owes him and would therefore be loyal to Trump. I see Rush’s point, but disagree. Donald you know they are snakes before you take them in. They could turn on you and I wouldn’t be so forgiving and magnanimous to someone who just recently called me such nasty untrue names. I found this interesting article on Conservative Digest that I thought summed both candidates up precisely.
- * Romney has made it plain he opposes Trump’s foreign policy ideas. During his infamous March 3 Trump-bashing speech at the University of Utah he said, “Let me put it plainly, if we Republicans choose Donald Trump as our nominee, the prospects for a safe and prosperous future are greatly diminished … He inherited his business, he didn’t create it … A business genius he is not … What he said on “60 Minutes” about Syria and ISIS has to go down as the most ridiculous and dangerous idea of the campaign season: Let ISIS take out Assad, he said, and then we can pick up the remnants … I’m afraid that when it comes to foreign policy he is very, very not smart…”
- * Personnel is policy!Mitt Romney and his former running mate Paul Ryan are the kind of globalists who subscribe to the econometric philosophy that says there’s a global race to the bottom in the market for labor and that American workers are just going to have to get used to a lower standard of living.
- * Mitt Romney could be counted on to bring into the State Department hundreds of anti-Trump operatives. Many of the #NeverTrump gang’s most vocal members are former members of Romney’s campaign or Massachusetts staff; Dan Senor, Ryan Williams, and spoiler candidates Evan McMullin and Mindy Finn all once worked for Romney.
- * Inviting his most vocal and diehard opponent into the highest profile Cabinet post would be a cancer in the Donald Trump administration. Mitt Romney and his operatives at the State Department would be constantly eating away at the policies and promises that Trump made to get elected, particularly with regard to international trade and our overseas commercial interests.
- * Donald Trump’s appointment of Romney would disillusion his base before he starts his first session of Congress and begins the traditional 100-day introduction of his program and policies. Using a shopworn establishment Republican like Mitt Romney to introduce a new foreign policy will stifle the enthusiasm of Trump’s supporters when he needs them fired-up to keep the heat on Congress and the establishment media.
- * Appointing Romney would signal that Trump is throwing overboard his new conservative – populist coalitionand resuscitating the dying Republican establishment voters so thoroughly rejected during the 2016 primary season.
“I’m all for party unity, but I’m not sure that we have to pay for that with the secretary of state position,” our good friend Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s campaign manager, said in an interview with CNN. “We don’t even know if Mitt Romney voted for Donald Trump.”
And if Romney is bad, Senator Corker is even worse.
On almost every major issue to come before the U.S. Senate in the Obama era, Senator Corker has started out talking like a principled conservative only to flip and vote with the anti-conservative, anti-constitutional establishment Republican forces that have regularly advanced Obama’s agenda:
- * Corker has supported Obama on trade, particularly fast track Trade Promotion Authority and the Trans Pacific Partnership.
- * Through the Gang of Eight bill Corker supported Obama on amnesty for illegal aliens.
- * Corker voted for the Omnibus spending billsthat have doubled the national debt on his watch.
- * Bob Corker assured passage of Dodd-Frank, the permanent bailout fund for banks. And placing the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), inside the Federal Reserve to operate independently without Congressional oversight was, as our friend Kevin Kookogey put it, actually Bob Corker’s bright idea.
- * Bob Corker worked tirelessly to ratify NewSTART and defiantly led a band of 13 Republicans to join with Democrats to ratify the treatyduring a lame duck session of Congress. The New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with Russia was the first signature foreign policy initiative of the Obama administration, and its Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- * Worst of all Senator Corker conceived of and led the passage of the bill that discarded the Constitution’s treaty provisionin order to bless President Obama’s $150 billion gift to the terrorist regime in Iran.
- * Corker’s legislation in effect lowered the threshold for approving the Iran nuclear deal from 67 votes to 41– a craven betrayal the Senate’s constitutional role as the final word on whether or not the United States agrees to a treaty.
In pursuit of his “legacy” treaty with Iran, Obama resorted to telling lie after lie to sell something that if the truth were revealed would never be accepted by the American people – and his indispensable partner in selling the lies was Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee.
The world will be a much more dangerous place because of Bob Corker’s inexplicable failure to grasp the existential threat a nuclear armed Islamic Republic of Iran poses to the United States and all peoples who share the values of freedom of conscience, freedom of religion and freedom of speech.
Then again, the fact that Bob Corker has regularly participated in and advanced Obama’s lies should come as no surprise to anyone familiar with the Senator’s wheeler-dealer ways.
The FBI and Securities and Exchange Commission are allegedly scrutinizing Corker’s personal finances, including stock transactions involving one of the nation’s top developers of shopping centers and malls. Corker failed to report millions of dollars in assets and income on his annual financial disclosure and was consequently forced to revise years’ worth of disclosure reports when the discrepancies were revealed.
History tells us that the idea of bringing your political enemies into your inner councils is the pathway to failure.
Hopefully Donald will pick former Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his next S.O.S.