Constantly voting for the lesser of two evils gets tiring and even more so when the “lesser” decides that most of the concerns of the electorate are not that important.
The GOP are weak on the second amendment (thank God for the supreme court – ie. Heller), seriously sucking wind on fixing the national debt and are almost absent on their promise to repeal the national travesty known as Obamacare. It is easy to point out their failures on tax reform, minimizing welfare, immigration and helping to create jobs.
Republican leadership has taken advantage of the conservative movement for decades, then again, the conservative movement has not uniquely and simply quantified its desires since the mid-20th century.
Frank Meyer laid out that [Conservatives]:
- They accept “an objective moral order” of “immutable standards by which human conduct should be judged.”
- Whether they emphasize human rights and freedoms or duties and responsibilities, they unanimously value “the human person” as the center of political and social thought.
- They oppose liberal attempts to use the State “to enforce ideological patterns on human beings.”
- They reject the centralized power and direction necessary to the “planning” of society.
- They join in defense of the Constitution “as originally conceived.”
- They are devoted to Western civilization and acknowledge the need to defend it against the “messianic” intentions of Communism.
Can most modern-day Republicans live up to these black-and-white standards after decades of being shown that the word “is” might have multiple definitions or that white is black and male is female?
Consider these principles as you read the next news article or watch some talking head on T.V. Simply ask – are they protecting my RIGHTS or giving them away. Are they opposing liberal attempts to enforce ideology on Americans? Are they diminishing the central government’s power to plan our society? Are they devoted to Western civilization?
Sometimes the lesser of two evils is the choice we each must make, but that doesn’t make it any easier.
This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.