With so many attacks on the “America we love” it is easy to get confused by the barrages on so many of the citizenry’s rights. Here’s how to prioritize spending and efforts to protect what matters:
- Free Speech: If any effort portends to silence one group in favor for another – stand up, regardless if you agree with their message or not
- Freedom to bear arms: Regardless of which weapon or piece of ammo someone decides to ban – you must protest -harshly – or there may be no one and no manner left by which the freedom of speech is protected
- Legal search and seizure: Without free speech, it is impossible to expose incidents where government authorities illegally search a premises, person or vehicle. That means, without freedom of speech, and the freedom to bear arms – there is no protection against unlawful search and seizure.
While these elements do not show the whole of the U.S. Constitution, they do represent the core. If these rights are protected, all others will remain.
It it is understandable why many on the right attack budget issues, abortion, and foreign policy. But, sometimes greater focus on the basics is what is needed.
Americans must focus first on the three basic issues of speech, self-defense and protection from illegal search and seizure until those rights are clearly defended.
First, a few facts:
- ISIS is far away and irrelevant for almost all Americans today. Let’s let them fight over there while America solves its internal issues – albeit sad that they overran ground our heroes once took
- Abortion will not be fixed in the next election, it may take a generation with the right messaging – but it won’t be tomorrow – it’s not ready for politics until then
- The budget is as much a Republican problem as it is a Democrat problem
Now that we have that clear, here’s what must be a first focus:
- Protect the speech of those you disagree with (you will be a better person than George Stephanopolous)
- Protect everyone’s right to bear arms.. or you may soon find yourself unable to speak freely and without anyone to defend you.
- Speak out when other’s rights to search and seizure are stolen. Now, hope your rights to free speech are heartily protected.
A simple case for simple freedoms. Would you rather live in a place where someone tells you what to say, gives you no manner in which to defend yourself and then searches you when and how they like?
To correct the ills of America, black or white, we simply need to return to a focus on the bill of rights. Rights that were written down, unalienable, for all men – equal.
Until those rights are again accepted, protected and ingrained in the American psyche.. is not everything else trite?