I want to forewarn my regular readers. This is not the usual, well researched, thought-out and utterly fact-check post you are used to. This is a stream-of-consciousness intended to illicit comment. Please feel free to criticize, chastise, or otherwise cremate this post – but it is one that I know I have to write.
I have struggled for months to write as frequently as I used to. Our current national leadership is lackluster, has no new tricks and is simply doubling down on the same inept tactics that they have always used.
I could write about yet another scandal… as if any of them have been successfully investigated or prosecuted by Congress (Rep. Issa are you listening?)
I could have torn apart this years budget, as if anyone would vote differently knowing that Obama’s tax increases will only hurt the middle income earners (what he calls the middle class.)
I could have talked about Obama’s naivety on foreign affairs, but very few vote based on how other countries view us.
I could have written about how the President’s policies negatively affect the middle class and the poor – but it’s been done .. and done … and done. It won’t change a single vote.
Yelling into an echo chamber is not so interesting after the first few echoes. So what is a political writer to do?
I had to search long and hard to figure out, after years of writing, how could I publish something that would affect someone?
I won’t give up or stop providing information to those wishing to stay informed, but I am at a crossroads and I wish to choose wisely.
I got selfish. I decided to publish what I want.
I want Reagan’s vision of America back. The vision that Congressional liberals have taken from us.
I want to go back to an America where:
- Each person is responsible for his or her own success or failure
- Families watch out for their own children and elders – not abandon them for the taxpayers to take on
- Charity is a virtue
- The Presidency is humble and gracious
- Congress is subservient (to the people) and productive
- Medical costs are less associated with lawyer costs and liability and more about just treating me (tort reform, now!)
- Taxes are to pay for the necessary, not for gifts to the public (statues, monuments, a failed solar company, etc)
- Most foreign nationals view us as “THE place to live”, not “the devil’s lair”
- The Constitution is king, not the President
- The President of the United States actually works harder than I do with less vacation – considering that he make a lot more money, has paid servants and a really nice house (that I pay for)
- The government spends less time and effort impeding the economy and more time on trade relationships, foreign diplomacy, dealing with international incidents, securing our diplomatic facilities .. etc
- If someone uses a gun to inflict harm, the gun is not the problem – the person is ( I guess that’s really personal responsibility, but I’ve grown up in a responsible firearms family – a little sensitive on this one)
- The Men and Women defending our great nation are treated with incredible respect, given the assets needed to accomplish the job
- Productivity is important. Put more wood on the community pile than you take off
Rich Mitchell is the Sr. Managing Editor of Conservative Daily News. His posts may contain opinions that are his own and are not necessarily shared by Anomalous Media, CDN, staff or .. much of anyone else. Find him on twitter, facebook and google+