The Liberals War On The Dictionary
A while back, I wrote an article about same sex marriage, in it I talked about Marriage as being defined between a man and a woman for over two-thousand years and how Liberals wanted to change that definition. I also said that Liberals might one day take it upon themselves to just go through the dictionary and start changing the definitions of words they believe need to be changed. Well it seems my vision has come true.
In a recent news story, a 15-year-old student formally requested Apple remove a definition of the word ‘gay’ from the dictionary feature on its devices after she looked up the word on her MacBook for a history essay on gay rights, and it looks like the company has complied.
/geɪ/ Show Spelled [gey] Show IPA
adjective, gay·er, gay·est.
1. of, pertaining to, or exhibiting sexual desire or behavior directed toward a person or persons of one’s own sex; homosexual: a gay couple.
2. of, indicating, or supporting homosexual interests or issues: a gay organization.
3. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe. Antonyms: serious, grave, solemn, joyless; staid, sedate; unhappy, morose, grim; sad, depressed, melancholy.
4. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments. Synonyms: colorful, brilliant, vivid, intense, lustrous; glittering, theatrical, flamboyant. Antonyms: dull, drab, somber, lackluster; conservative.
5. Slang: Often Disparaging and Offensive. awkward, stupid, or bad; lame: This game is really gay.
Which one do you think she was upset with? Well, if you said number 5 you were correct.
Suggesting that particular definition applies to the slang usage of the word, which, like it or not, is part of the culture today. One has to wonder if honoring one such request opens a Pandora’s box for anyone and everyone who disagrees with the way a word is defined to demand the dictionary be modified. Where do you draw the line? Glenn Beck said on his radio show.
I agree with Glenn, where does it end, where do you draw the line? Political correctness has gone way too far, does anyone remember the First Amendment? It started with banning words, we now have to say N word or C word or L word, even though people know what the word is, they can’t say it.
Now they are banning definitions, next they will be banning the words themselves, eradicating them from the dictionary all together. Well, you know what comes after that, don’t you? That’s right, banning books that they think are inappropriate. Well, you can laugh and say that will never happen, but ten years ago, would you have thought that they would ever start banning definitions from the dictionary?
Liberal Progressives are a danger to this country, their views and policies are the only ones that matter to them. Most people are afraid to stand-up to them in fear they will be called haters, bigots, racists, sexists, homophobes or anything else that will shut you up.
Traditional America is eroding away little by little and soon it will be only a memory. Margret Mitchell said it best; Traditional America will soon be “Gone With The Wind”
“What Kind Of Society Are We Leaving Our Kids” Available Here.
P.S. For all you Baby Boomers my new book “Are The Golden Years Really Golden” Available Here
This is my Grandaughter Kylee, born November 5th, 2013. I truly have fears about the America she will grow-up in.
This is one man’s opinion.