Bill Maher and Bob Russell Agree: Hell Has Just Frozen Over

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Bill Maher and Bob Russell Agree: Hell Has Just Frozen Over”.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. JessicaM says:

Yeah Bob, when you and Maher agree, I can almost see icicles in hell.

2. Ron says:

I was a shocked as you that Maher would be one of the liberals to finally see the light. More and more are waking up but I agree that I never thought that Maher would ever be among them.
    Read David Mamet’s ‘The Secret Knowledge or the dismantling of America Culture’ for a model of conversion of a New York Playwright’s conversion. But Mamet is obviously very intelligent.

3. Derrell Poole says:

Yeah that’s pretty amazing, Bob – I’ll probably have to stop reading your articles just on principle.

I just read something on a poll that 40% of Americans are willing to give up some of their civil rights for security…

Forty percent! When I think of liberals – and I mean all of them – I think of sniveling little cowards. Liberals are fundamentally afraid, insecure, and lack any self confident that in the raw world they would survive.

Now. That is my, across the board, perception. Logic and rationale suggest I’m probably only 70% correct.

People who are willing to give up their freedom for security deserve neither. (Thank you Uncle Ben). You and I feel compelled to fight for our freedom everyday. We are willing to spend time typing and thinking and reacting to the stupidity when we could be living in ignorant bliss because we both realize that the exercise of our 1A rights, might, just might, help us avoid the exercise of 2A…

But I know both of us would if it came to that.

Cowards just want to live and they will be slaves in order to does that! Nothing is more important to them but their stink-king little worthless lives and if living in a police state means they can cling to their self-centered little worlds then so be it.

So, like you, I am rather astonished that Maher – who I despise – might actually stand up against what so many cowards are willing to just accept!

I’ve been looking and dividing words and twisting all kinds of ways trying to figure out WHERE anyone ever got the idea the Federal Government has the Constitutional authority to have even ONE police force let alone half a dozen! If we had a well-organized standing Militia I kinda doubt some of this terrorist and mass killing activity would be taking place in the first place – to quote another great American – Ted Nugent – An armed society is a polite society.

Jesus said the poor would always be with us. I believe that would apply to stupid deranged idiots like the bombers and shooters as well. Cowards flock to the government for protection. People who appreciate freedom realize we are only free because we are responsible for our own security. So they pick up Arms ands say, “bring it…”!

Derrell

It is the Nature of Government to Control. Control Government or be controlled!

• Bob Russell says:

Don’t stop reading because Maher agrees with me. LOL!!! I am just as shocked as you are with him. As I said though, he is not getting what he expected out of Obama, and he isn’t alone. Have you seen all of the things Jay Leno is saying about Obama? He just got ousted from the Tonight Show. I wonder if criticizing Obama is a factor. I have seen the 40% number also and that is alarming to me.

4. CashMcCall says:

I am not sure that your verbiage against liberals is entirely fitting. I find the knee jerk patriotism of RINOs even more repugnant because it is dedicated to the use of CIA wars as some kind of patriotic action. It is nothing more than unbridled international police power.

And now we have RINOs cheering the Jack booted Cops and those dress in swat team casual as if this is patriotic. I have wondered where the liberals have disappeared to as they have swallowed reams of the Obama police state without a whimper. Maher has been upset of late about California Taxes and he is showing valid concern for what everyone saw in Boston as a berserk police state stormtrooping neighborhoods.

Ron Paul was about the only politician that brought light to this. Bush II came out of hiding and proposed that the bombers were just the tip of a more elaborate organization, I presume suggesting that there needed to be yet more police busting heads of citizens to get to the bottom of it.

Meanwhile TSA gropes your kids, and DHS cavity searches grandma all in the name of American police power. The streets are now full of stormtroopers.

Cops call us “civilians” with great disrespect as if they out rank us; without our guns they do. Get stopped by a cop these days and you would swear its a skin head and when they talk to you they use that cop talk vernacular and refer to you as “sir” as if you are in a militarized zone.

I don’t think Bill Maher needs criticism any more than Rush Limbaugh. Both are entertainers. But you might want to look at politicians who have foist this police state on us. They are Rinos like McCain and libs like John Kerry, both slimy in their own cowardly right.

We now have drones and rules where a citizen can be detained without a charge indefinitely. Bill Maher should be upset, conservatives [not compassionate conservatives which is code for RINO] should be upset. I am a Libertarian and I am very upset.

What we all witnessed in Boston was a reenactment of Socialism via the NAZI party. Hitler’s thugs are on parade and unlike the master race the mantra is diversity. But no matter how you spell it; its Thugs and your rights as a citizen are gone. At lease Maher is intelligent enough to see with his own eyes but remember, the entire state of Germany saw nothing and just followed orders.

• Bob Russell says:

Cash, it is pretty apparent that you read this from a very jaundiced viewpoint. I certainly didn’t applaud George Bush or any RINO. I merely pointed out that an ultra liberal and an ultra conservative see the same police state being implemented by the government. If you had read any of my other articles you would find that I am just as unhappy with both political parties in their dictatorial ways. the whole point is that this isn’t about liberal or conservative, it is about totalitarianism being foisted on We the People by both political parties. I am also more to the libertarian view as I refuse to support demonkrats or republikrats.

5. fred alley says:

it is scary,he [maher]is a lefty nut case….and voted FOR obama..