Mullin Disappoints Once Again

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Mullin Disappoints Once Again”.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. The real issue is people keep confusing party loyalty with loyalty to our country. Stop expecting someone who runs on a party ticket to represent the people of this country. They do not. Party candidates represent the special interests who pay their way to Washington. You want a real change? Vote for an Independent.

• Jan Brown says:

You’re quite right, Michael, and this would be close to ideal, BUT ‘who’ pays the way to DC for the ‘Independent”? Unless independently wealthy, it would be financed by other independents with their own ‘special interest,’ wouldn’t it?

2. Mark says:

Mullin told the Liberty Movement he was right there with them too. He said & did anything to get elected. He said he woudn’t back Bahner until Aug 28 when he won the runoff, then had a fundraiser that Cantor and Bahner hosted IN TULSA (not district 2).

Faught’s character was assassinated in that race, by a consulting group that thought we were too backward to figure out that Mullin lives and runs his biz’s in Tulsa, went to private schools in Tulsa (boys & girls that would be Metro) & had no plans at all to do what District 2 cared about, but would deliver on the big money given by Tulsa, Ok City and big biz interests. We were fooled in 2012, but dont count on it for 2014.

Here’s what’s worse. We are paying for not knowing the truth and our wallets will get hit the rest of our lives. Mullin hired that campaign consultant, that hes telling people he owes 100,000 to (mr debt free HA), as his Chief of Staff –harkens back to Slick Willy needing a campaign pollster for every issue. But, that Chief of Staff gets a federal pension in two years for the REST of his life when Mullin goes home in a 1 round knockout to put it in wrastlin speak for him to grasp. Research that one. I guess I’m hankering to know if Mullin really does owe him that money that hes asking people to fund on his whistle stop tours in private meets or is the federal pension with our tax dollars going to be enough to fund his retirement?

I saw Faught and Wood several times on that trail. Both would have been better and I never heard either one say theyd keep Bahner. Woods gone back to DC now and hopefully he can make a difference with what hes doin, Id take Faught in a heartbeat. we do know him and can verify he is from our district and based on his record, he does listen to the people, tell you what hes thinkin and why and then get and use your input. not this ‘ill show up and tell you i decided before to vote for Bahner and I’m holdin this tour after I decided to vote for him, suprise! Faughts made tough choices, and wont get owned by more big boys than we can count that live somewhere besides district 2 like our current placeholder.

• Bob Russell says:

I asked George face to face and he told me he would vote for Boehner if he ran for speaker. I am going to do some looking into this consultant he owes money to as I heard that from another source I trust completely. I supported Dwayne Thompson until the runoff and only supported Mullin because he told me he would not vote for Boehner. I know, “liar liar pants on fire”. I will support anyone who opposes him next time. I have another article about Mullin and Boehner you might like:

• Mark says:

Dwayne lost all credibilty when he went to work for Mullin and carries his water. Dunno how a preacher can back that.

• Walter Neckman says:

Mullin so far in over his head it’s a disgrace. Only bit of spine he has comes from the starch in his shirts. That election was bought by big money. Plain and simple. Sad but true.

3. Susan says:

2014 is coming — maybe we can persuade George Faught to run again and get a good, strong, Congressman in who has the background, understanding of procedures and will also stand up and vote for what’s right, as he did when he was in the House.

• Bob Russell says:

I supported Mullin over Faught because George said flat out he would vote for the Traitor John Boehner as speaker. Mullin indicated he wouldn’t but wound up voting for him anyway. Depending on any republicrat is going to wind up in disappointment. The party comes first and that is wrong but that is the way it is.

• Susan says:

I am so sorry, Mr. Russell about the misunderstanding. I know Mr. Faught and his family personally, helped him campaign, and he was never for Mr. Boehner and was quite open that he would vote to replace him, as he felt he was not doing a good job. Mr. Faught is quite conservative, and in fact, it was he who stood up when in the House and stopped them from signing on to set up the foundations to allow Obamacare to come in to OK. Everyone else was ready to sign on and accept money from the government. He is a man of principle and doesn’t care if anyone else stands up for the right thing with him, he will stand alone if he has to to try to get the right thing done. I would encourage you to research George and give him some more thought.

• Bob Russell says:

Susan, there wasn’t a misunderstanding. he told me to my face he would vote for Boehner. If George runs in 2014 I will support him over Mullin. My issue is mostly with the party loyalty rather than loyalty to the Constitution and We the People. I got to know all of them during the campaign as I was very involved in the party. I have since changed my registration back to Independent as the party has shafted me one time too many. The republicrat party has gone the way of the demoncrats and I am looking to help form a 3rd party to give We the People a voice in government. If George runs again he will be a leg up with me.

• Tina Gross says:

Faught is not as he appears either…your talking with one of the main famiies who got him started in politics from the beginning and living to regret it! So glad he was defeated, neither he nor Mullin were my first choice. Some have a slickness unpercieved until you have the misfortune to fall out of the family’s good favor…I can be verified. Anyway, our district is full of low-info voters and the crop was never great last election cycle to begin with. So, if this is what we voted in, this is what we deserve. Shame on only us, for not being more discerning and our local GOP committees for not preparing and getting someone ready to run as they should. Its our fault and now we’re going to have to like it or make the changes to District 2 voters ourselves. Quit blaming the candidates, we are the ones who vote them in aren’t we???