If Congress Can, Unilaterally, Modify The Constitution

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “If Congress Can, Unilaterally, Modify The Constitution”.

Tags:

• Jan Brown says:

A great choice to guote!! & a good book. The only thing we need after our awareness is to develop our intestinal fortitude & accept the ‘Danger” that occurs while we rise to the occassion. ..Mark, Derrell & BP, people with your knowledge & understanding might well develop & lead a “We the People” campaign that will knock the shine off of ‘him’ With direction there is an army ready to folow & waiting to find ‘what’ they can do.

• Mark Ross says:

Thank you Jan! Yes, it is a great book! I posted those words on my site because it is a very good, brief explanation, of the Declaration of Independence. Great to share with people who are just getting into it.

Jan, I really wish that our state legislatures would stop sleeping on the job, and seriously stand up to The Federal Government; but, as we know, they are either bought off by Federal dollars, or sold out to one of these God Forsaken Parties. Short of our state legislatures taking a stand, then, it is up to We, The People, to draw the line in the sand!

• Derrell Poole says:

I find it difficult to know what to do. But I am driven to do something. I agree that We the People need leadership that will bring us together into one solid voice. But how do we do that? Conservative Americans are traditionally independent and silent!

I do what I know to do. I speak out. I tell my friends and my family. I link them to sites like this one. And I hope they read the words like those that Mark and so many others have written. I hope they come to realize fully what their rights SHOULD be and what they have already been robbed of. I hope it makes them mad but I hope even more that it makes them THINK. For themselves.

But it isn’t just enough to think and talk. What can we do? Stop obeying unConstitutional laws. If I stop paying income taxes it won’t be because I am trying to avoid paying taxes. It will be because I am certain the government is destroying my way of life and acting against our Constitution. I am not required to support that government.

Small businesses across the country are hurting and ObA-Care is the oppressor! Listen, small businesses – DON’T PAY IT! If they try to fine you, CLOSE your doors. Lay off your people if that is what it comes to but refuse to participate. Yeah it will hurt your people and some of them will hate you. But I’m fighting for the brainless progressive liberal’s rights just as much as my own. So… it’s war. What do you expect?

If you are an employee and your employer won’t stand, change your deductions to as high as you can make them. Don’t let the government take any more from you than you have to.

If they demand you register your Grand fathered guns – Don’t!

Then stand. And KNOW that we stand in the court of rightiousness!

Derrell

• Mark Ross says:

Derrell,
          It sounds like you are doing all the right things. Changing the hearts and minds of our fellow citizens – or at least an overwhelming majority of them, is the first step. The Federal Income Tax is a HUGE obstacle! Particularly after The FDR Administration (what a surprise!) created the withholding laws! That allows The Federal Government to either bribe or silence a lot of Americans, who would otherwise take a stand. I have been calling for a complete repeal of The 16th Amendment for several years now. It is both destructive to our economy as well as our Liberties. If, for example, The 16th was repealed, and replaced (if replaced at all) with a retail, “point-of-sale,” tax, ONLY, that would remove the burden from the individual citizen, and free them to speak and act without fear of economic repercussions.

Even then, however, we still have the problem with The Federal Reserve. Unless we get back onto sound currency, The Federal Government could just print what they want, rather then tax us. That would be a way to tax us without directly taxing us. So, yes, inflation and direct taxation are two major obstacles in this fight for freedom!

“Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematic plan of reducing us to slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson

• Derrell Poole says:

Thanks Mark, I am completely aware that it is far more than a matter of “just do this” or “just don’t do that”. In the Book of Revelations it describes the beast as having 7 heads and 10 horns. That is a metephoric description of a multifacited very complex SYSTEM – not a single individual. (I am not a believer in a Divine entity that I can somehow count on to come and save me – we have to do this ourselves!) We need to cut off all of the heads. We have to multi task. Perhaps that is the biggest, most daunting difference between us and 1776.

Jan, I am writing every one of those who pose as my representative to the government. I agree with you that we need to keep our faith and have hope. My hope lies in the children we have or are raising. I’ve had a good life. I could have a lot more good life. But I won’t live as a slave. If you take everything away from me and I am left with nothing but the harsh reality that is best described in the simple phrase “give me liberty or give me death” I am quite prepared to die for my country.
            Derrell

• Jan Brown says:

Our Constitution is being shredded & our Bill of Rights is being stomped on by the big boot heel of government because we have been poor stewards for the last several generations. This is a war that we can’t turn off like a leaky faucet (oh that it were). While the Statist were preparing, we enjoyed our ‘assumed’ liberaties & allowed them in the door. I suspect it could get more than uly before we can pry their foot out of the door…Americas was founded on tenacity & there’s still plenty of that still around. It behooves each of us to start with our own homes & prepare. How? Begin with the basics for your own family & pets. & stock the basics as you would if a Hurricane Sandy was barreling down & was sticking around. Continue to speak to others, Write letters to the editor & to legislators (even those in other states) phone calls. BE HEARD! Conservaties tend to be quite..forget all that policitcl corret crap! Take off the gloves & use your outside voice at every oppportunity! The ‘few good men’ in D.C. need encouragement the others need orders, so help start a ring of fire around those (OUR)hallowed halls. If we lock arms & step in unity with those in our community, we will meet others lock arms with them, then another. Above all, remember this country was founded on FAITH, don’t lose yours…together, UNITED, we can do this!!

1. Derrell Poole says:

In 1776, at Concorde, MA a bunch of farmers and tinkers finally had, had it. They did something incredibly brave – gutsy. They took up arms and stood against a government determined to enslave them!

What is so different today? Are we not yet sick enough of this government, intent on enslaving us? The only difference is that we live in a nation where the Law of the Land, the Constitution, gives us the RIGHT to say No to tyranny! Do we have the guts to stand up and say No! and mean it? Maybe we don’t stand in the road with a gun in our hands but we are bigger than they are!

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are not Inventions. They are simply what God, or this Planet, or simply the very Nature of our Species has ALWAYS entitled to us, set down in so many words! Do away with the Constitution and you will still have the inalienable nature of humans to be FREE! The only way to do away with that is to KILL all of us! Progressives are LIERS who believe in LIES!

Think about how sick this system has become; we are compelled under the guise of “security” to give up a part of our livelihood in order for this government to enslave us and destroy our way of life. We PAY them to DO this!!! It is so simple… STOP paying them. They are at their weakest RIGHT NOW. China owns them – not us! Are we too stupid or weak to miss this opportunity?

Thank You Mark for your Brilliant observation. If you want to kill the Snake, cut off its head!

Derrell

• Mark Ross says:

Thank you Derrell!
      And, I totally agree with you:

We have it in our power to effect REAL, and LASTING change. We know the road back to where we started: The Declaration of Independence, The Articles of Confederation, and The Constitution. They are the road map!

“Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, IT IS THEIR DUTY, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.” – The Declaration of Independence

2. BP says:

Bravo! Well said. And I scoff at the idiots that even try to disagree. It is being tossed about that ALL Americans should stop paying taxes immediately. This government doesn’t have the means to throw upwards of 200 million people in prison. Nor do they now have the fiscal resources. It’s our money and we’re entitled to keep it!

Here is another piece well worth reading. This man says what a majority of America is thinking! We are now ONE voice and we will only get louder!

• Mark Ross says:

Thank you BP! And, I agree with you: It is our money, and it is past high-time that we send a message, LOUD AND CLEAR, to Washington D.C. that, they no longer have our consent! And, therefore, no more access to OUR MONEY!