Earlier in the day White House Press Secretary Jay Carney was asked about the emails, including the claim that an Al Qaeda group was responsible for the attack just hours after it happened. His response was that the email information should not be taken as fact.
ABC News: Carney today told reporters that there were emails about all sorts of information that was coming available in the aftermath of the attack. “There was a variety of information coming in,” Carney said. “The whole point of an intelligence community and what they do is to assess strands of information and make judgments about what happened and who was responsible.”
Judge Napolitano stated, “We now know that the president could not have been truthful when he told Jon Stewart on The Daily Show on Comedy Central [that] as soon as we get this information we’re going to release it to the American people.”
Email from Benghazi Offices can be viewed here.
Cables sent from the Consulate office can be downloaded here.
The deaths of these Americans is a tragedy compounded by the false statements made by this administration.
As the judge said, “It is not against the law for the government to lie to the people; but the remedy is a political one, and the people once lied to may take that remedy and vote out of office a government that they believe has lied to them.”
The cover-up of this catastrophe should be reason enough to vote for change on November 6.