Did you hear that sound? Yea, it was the other shoe dropping on the White Houses’ “excuse” for Benghazi. In a stunning development, the AP reports today
Within 24 hours of the deadly attack, the CIA station chief in Libya reported to Washington that there were eyewitness reports that the attack was carried out by militants, officials told The Associated Press. But for days, the Obama administration blamed it on an out-of-control demonstration over an American-made video ridiculing Islam’s Prophet Muhammad.
Let’s review. On September 11th, 2012 our Consulate in Benghazi, Libya is attacked. Ambassador Stevens, along with 3 “Security Personnel” are murdered. In the days that follow, we are told by Obama, Clinton, Rice and Carney that the “cause” of said attack is a YouTube video, which denigrates the Prophet Mohammed. The man responsible for the video, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, is summarily arrested, with SWAT teams and LA County Sheriff Deputies out in full riot gear. Many question this video “excuse”, but it isn’t until around October 2nd, 2012, we learn per State Department officials that “no one in the State Department” communicated such an excuse. During Congressional hearings, these officials testify under oath, to the following:
- State Department official Susan Lamb denied requests for added security for Benghazi. She also watched “in real time” the whole attack from a drone overhead. This 50 min tape exists. Who has this tape is unclear as of this writing. (note: Sean Hannity mentions he has confirmed it exists per his sources on October 17, 2012.)
- Col. Wood and Eric Nordstrom in Benghazi, report they requested the added security, but were told, “the need to keep the security forces “numbers” artificially low. They add, along with Lamb this was due to “political implications”
- Lamb and Ambassador Kennedy, testify that as State Department officials, they never related the idea that this was due to a protest, or a video. They do, however, imply that the “intell” side (CIA) may have been the agency to report this scenario to the White House.
What we hear from Rice, Obama, Carney and Hillary Clinton, is what they were reporting—the whole YouTube video excuse, was the best “intell” (meaning CIA) they had at the time. We now know this too, is untrue. This is a stunning development. CIA sent their report on September 13th. What remains unclear is who, who at the White House read these reports? It is highly unlikely that it was ignored, being that 4 Americans were dead. Former CIA Station Chief Fred Rustmann Jr., says the White House would have been aware of it:
“When things go down like that, there is no analysis in between,” said Rustmann, who has separately accused the Obama administration of sharing too many details about the raid that killed bin Laden. “You report this raw information as you receive it in Sitrep (situation report) format, from the CIA station to concerned worldwide (CIA) stations and bases and to the White House, Pentagon and State Department.”
Best timelines of the Benghazi-gate “excuses” have September 14th, as the day the White House goes “all in” with the “video” fairy tale. It is clear to this writer, that the White House, (A)-worried about the Election, (B)- worried about the failed Foreign policy of this Administration, (C)-wanting to tie into the UN Resolution of December 2011 that Rice signed, and lastly (D)-defending the whole overthrow of Libya, concocted this lie about this YouTube video. Carney states, on September 14th, per the McClatchy Report from October 18th 2012,
Carney then launched into remarks that read like talking points in defense of the U.S. decision to intervene in last year’s uprising against Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi: that post-Gadhafi Libya, he said, is “one of the more pro-American countries in the region,” that it’s led by a new government “that has just come out of a revolution,” and that the lack of security capabilities there “is not necessarily reflective of anything except for the remarkable transformation that’s been going on in the region.”
This story is not going away. And it should not. Americans deserve the truth. This Monday, the debate will center on Foreign policy, and we will wait to hear from our Commander and Chief, we will expect the truth, once and for all. One thing is clear, the “intell” was not confusing, or lacking, and to imply anything else is pure hogwash. Mr. President, there is nothing to be “waiting” for as you have stated. You know the truth, have always known the truth, so come clean. This isn’t about your legacy, this isn’t about protecting your “Foreign Policy”, this isn’t working to help you win the Election. This whole lie is out, and its time to man-up.
UPDATE: Jake Tapper just released this article. Issa (R-CA) releases the Stevens documents to back up the claims of the requests and the need for added security. Cummings (D-MD) accused Issa of politicizing the Benghazi events by releasing the documents, saying “this has turned into a witch hunt“. I’m sure that is what the Republicans were saying about a little thing called “Watergate” too, Rep. Cummings.