We have heard Obama say many times that he believes in an “All of the above” energy policy, but like everything else Obama says, it must be thought about and analyzed. Throughout his campaign for President in 2008, he said many things; one was that he was going to transform America. But instead of saying “In to what” the American people just thought he meant back to American greatness and cast their vote for him, well they were duped. Obama said many things on the campaign trail, he knew what he meant, but many people thought he meant something else entirely.
When it comes to his energy policy (which he really has none) he says he wants “all of the above” but when you analyze that statement what he really means is he wants to get energy only from ABOVE the earth, not from the earth. Like everything else, he told us what he wanted to do, the American people thought he meant something else, like utilizing all forms of energy that we have in this country.
We are all aware now that he has a green agenda, which up until now has been a complete failure. The problem is that the so called lame stream media refuses to say anything about them. We are all familiar the failure of Solyndra and the Chevy Volt, but how about the rest, here is a list that the media does not report on.
The Amonix Solar: FAIL – manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas, subsidized by more than $20 million in federal tax credits and grants given by Obama Administration, has closed its 214,000 square foot facility a year after it opened.
- Solar Trust of America: FAIL - Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012 On April12,2012
- Bright Source: FAIL - Bright Source warned Obama’s Energy Department officials in March 2011 that delays in approving a $1.6 billion U.S. loan guarantee would embarrass the White House and force the solar-energy company to close. Lost Billions of dollars but Getting More Money To Keep Trying. Can you say, “This isn’t working?”
- Solyndra: FAIL – Obama gave Solyndra $500,000,000 in taxpayer money and Solyndra shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 After Billions in Losses due to failure to make a solar product that works!
- LSP Energy: FAIL – LSP Energy LP filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012
- Energy Conversion Devices: FAIL – On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy
- Abound Solar: FAIL - Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy
- SunPower: FAIL – SunPower stopped producing solar cells last year at near bankruptcy restructured only with help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL who owns 60% stake. Irony! Still struggling…
- Beacon Power: FAIL – Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy Oct 2011 just a year after Obama approved $43 million loan Government loan guarantee
- Ecotality: FAIL - ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from Obama
- A123 Solar: FAIL-A123 received $279 million from taxpayers thanks to President Obama’s Department of Energy loan guarantees and after Solyndra bankruptcy is getting another $500M from Obama and it has lost $400M
- UniSolar: FAIL – Uni-Solar filed for Ch 11 bankruptcy in June 20 this year laid off hundreds got more Obama money still failing but still in business
- Azure Dynamics: FAIL – Azure Dynamics files for bankruptcy in June after millions in Obama “Stimulus”
- Evergreen Solar: FAIL - Evergreen Solar received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama filed bankruptcy
- Ener1: FAIL received more than $100 million in government funding from the Obama administration filed for bankruptcy January 2012
- All those American tax dollars wasted and hundreds of thousands of jobs lost, nice job Mr. President.
I recently read a report that said we have more oil, coal and natural gas in this country than anywhere else in the world, so why aren’t we taking advantage of it. Why? Because we have a President who is being held by the short hairs by environmentalist screwballs, who care more about a tree than they do about human beings. A short definition of an environmentalist, to me, is someone that stands in the way of progress that benefits the majority of the population.
Once again, Obama told us, but we did not hear, he told us under his energy plans utility bills would necessarily skyrocket, his energy Tsar said he wants to get gas up to $10.00 a gallon, all for the benefit of green energy. If we would really utilize “All of the above” we could truly be energy independent, not to mention the millions of jobs it would produce. We are the richest country in the world, why is Obama keeping us from our true potential? I guess that was his plan all along.
This is one man’s opinion.