Does This Mean War? Not For The Pacifist-In-Chief! – UPDATED

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Does This Mean War? Not For The Pacifist-In-Chief! – UPDATED”.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Gramps PLY says:

TJ you you nailed Obumer and his response . These far left liberals say Obumer is doing a good job . Middle East is in flames. Iran is going to destroy Isreal . Do these Ideots not look at the facts . Obama = Ineptocracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Dwight Mann says:

I’m a little slow today…could you please give the “appropriate” response…

3. Jon says:

I don’t know exactly how to respond to this incredibly crass article. First of all, while a billion dollars is a lot of money, considering the result was the overthrow was a fairly entrenched dictator, is money well spent. Compare that “almost a billion dollars” to the financial suck that was the Iraq war. How many Americans were killed there? Is Iraq a peaceful Valhalla now? No one is trying to minimize the importance of this event–except those who would try to manipulate it for political gain (ahem…Republicans, I’m looking at you).

• TJ Thompson says:

Well, luckily for you, THIS author is most certainly NOT a Republican. Yes, $1 Billion is a lot of money. The overthrow of Ghaddafi helps us, how exactly? Oh yeah, it didn’t. What threat to the US did Libya pose? Oh yeah, none. When did Libya attack the US? Oh yeah, they didn’t.

Yes, the Iraq “War” has cost us in the Trillions. One American killed there was too many. I didn’t agree with the war in the beginning, and I still don’t. Iraq is, was, and always will be an epic failure.

I am not jockeying for “political gain” in this OPINION piece (yes, it is clearly marked), nor am I trying to minimize it either. I was simply stating my OPINION and what I expected from President Obama — and I was right. He gave us nothing. Prepackaged BS that I could smell a mile away.

We need a leader, not an action figure with a predictable pull-string.

• Jon says:

What response were you looking for? Obama condemned the attack, praised the man who had been killed, suggested that the thing that caused the attack was irresponsible, but in no way necessitated violence. I’m looking for the mistake.

Also, Ghaddafi’s death and the overthrow of his regime is hopefully the first step of a major nation coming out of the third world. That is a positive thing for the United States and everyone else. And it was done at the bargain basement price of one billion dollars.Again, thinking of scale, during the Nixon administration that was the cost per day of the Vietnam war. Are you going to call out Mitt Romney for his BS statement?

• Jon says:

And by the way, Ghaddafi did fund terrorists that attacked the US in the past. While he had seemingly changed his ways, he was probably never getting back on our Christmas card list. I’m sure the families of the people killed on Pan Am flight 103 would be interested in your dismissal of Ghaddafi as a potential threat.

4. Dwight Mann says:

what did you nail?…the statement says “I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe.”…isn’t the Marines going in??…a little puzzled.

• TJ Thompson says:

Nailed my expectation of the statement. Read my prediction, then read Obama’s first paragraph.

And the “Teleprompter Reading” fulfilled the second part of my expectation.