Does This Mean War? Not For The Pacifist-In-Chief! – UPDATED

READ: “U.S. Ambassador To Libya & 3 Embassy Staff Killed”

What To Do About Libya?  War?  Retaliation?  Military Action?  Nothing?

Libya is a nation where, in 2011, the United States taxpayers spent nearly $1 BILLION in military aid (aka bombs) to free them from Muammar Ghaddafi.

On the 11th anniversary of 9/11, riots raged throughout the Islamic world; sparked by a film that insulted the prophet Mohammed.  Even the very depiction of the prophet angers many Muslims.

These riots were not without casualty, as the United States Ambassador to Libya was killed, along with three other Embassy staff.

The burning questions now are:  What now?   What will President Obama do?   What should he do?   Should Congress declare war?

Many believe that President Obama will do something along the lines of nothing.  Not me.

I believe that President Obama will do less than nothing.  Something so miniscule that a gnat defecating will be more meaningful.

President Obama will give a speech just released a statement – (but will still give a teleprompter reading, I believe) – saying how his thoughts and prayers goes out to Ambassador Stevens’ family, and condemning these attacks.

Further, I predict that Obama will go on to say that this is just another sign that the United States and the Muslim community need to work closer together to bring peace in the region.

Another fail, from a spineless President.

UPDATE:  Statement By Obama (NAILED IT!)

Statement by the President on the Attack in Benghazi

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America’s commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya’s transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

___

Post to Twitter Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to Technorati

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Gramps PLY says:

TJ you you nailed Obumer and his response . These far left liberals say Obumer is doing a good job . Middle East is in flames. Iran is going to destroy Isreal . Do these Ideots not look at the facts . Obama = Ineptocracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Dwight Mann says:

I’m a little slow today…could you please give the “appropriate” response…

3. Jon says:

I don’t know exactly how to respond to this incredibly crass article. First of all, while a billion dollars is a lot of money, considering the result was the overthrow was a fairly entrenched dictator, is money well spent. Compare that “almost a billion dollars” to the financial suck that was the Iraq war. How many Americans were killed there? Is Iraq a peaceful Valhalla now? No one is trying to minimize the importance of this event–except those who would try to manipulate it for political gain (ahem…Republicans, I’m looking at you).

• TJ Thompson says:

Well, luckily for you, THIS author is most certainly NOT a Republican. Yes, $1 Billion is a lot of money. The overthrow of Ghaddafi helps us, how exactly? Oh yeah, it didn’t. What threat to the US did Libya pose? Oh yeah, none. When did Libya attack the US? Oh yeah, they didn’t.

Yes, the Iraq “War” has cost us in the Trillions. One American killed there was too many. I didn’t agree with the war in the beginning, and I still don’t. Iraq is, was, and always will be an epic failure.

I am not jockeying for “political gain” in this OPINION piece (yes, it is clearly marked), nor am I trying to minimize it either. I was simply stating my OPINION and what I expected from President Obama — and I was right. He gave us nothing. Prepackaged BS that I could smell a mile away.

We need a leader, not an action figure with a predictable pull-string.

• Jon says:

What response were you looking for? Obama condemned the attack, praised the man who had been killed, suggested that the thing that caused the attack was irresponsible, but in no way necessitated violence. I’m looking for the mistake.

Also, Ghaddafi’s death and the overthrow of his regime is hopefully the first step of a major nation coming out of the third world. That is a positive thing for the United States and everyone else. And it was done at the bargain basement price of one billion dollars.Again, thinking of scale, during the Nixon administration that was the cost per day of the Vietnam war. Are you going to call out Mitt Romney for his BS statement?

• Jon says:

And by the way, Ghaddafi did fund terrorists that attacked the US in the past. While he had seemingly changed his ways, he was probably never getting back on our Christmas card list. I’m sure the families of the people killed on Pan Am flight 103 would be interested in your dismissal of Ghaddafi as a potential threat.

4. Dwight Mann says:

what did you nail?…the statement says “I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe.”…isn’t the Marines going in??…a little puzzled.

• TJ Thompson says:

Nailed my expectation of the statement. Read my prediction, then read Obama’s first paragraph.

And the “Teleprompter Reading” fulfilled the second part of my expectation.